Expat adoption

(4 Posts)
cosmic1 Sun 27-Oct-13 09:47:02

Hello,
aktht did you have any luck? We are living in Suzhou, near Shanghai and also want to adopt. We have been sent around the houses. ccaa - local municipal offices - ccaa - consulate - ccaa - bridge of love - ccaa & consulate. We are no further than when we started. I am getting the impression that we gather the paper work ourselves and then get the embassy to sign it at which point it goes to the ccaa? Any help from your experience would be much needed! We have been offered a lot of help from American's but I get the impression the system for them is quite different as they go through an agency based in USA.
Hoping to hear from you or any others who might have info.

oldnewmummy Fri 12-Oct-12 15:35:34

Indirectly relevant .....

We adopted while living in Singapore 6 years ago. Couldn't use UK agencies/local authorities etc. as we weren't UK resident. So I think you have to do it "yourself" if you can from China.

Good luck.

gaby274 Thu 11-Oct-12 12:52:11

Congrates on adopting. My sister and her chinese husband live in China when they wanted to adopt they went throught the govermen officials. They have a son thats is 6 months and they are both really happy

aktht Thu 11-Oct-12 06:04:23

I am really hoping someone can help, my husband and I are UK citizens currently living in Beijing we would really like to adopt, either form China or elsewhere, but no one seems able to help us. Is there a specific adoption agency we can contact? I should also add that we have found someone that can do home study for us here.

Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now