So, where are you at?

(132 Posts)
MyDogEatsPoop Fri 05-Oct-12 12:28:22

A 'getting to know you' thread, as I'd like to update my spreadsheet wink

I'll kick off shall I?

Started the process with the first (nervewracking) phonecall in June of 2010, Workshop not until July 2011(!), followed by Homestudy a couple of months later.
Finally approved in June 2012 smile
Turned down one link as not suitable, and have a meeting coming up soon to discuss a little girl!

MrsBW Sun 27-Jan-13 19:56:02

You can add me to your spreadsheet smile

Started the journey with an LA and fell at the second hurdle i.e. they didn't accept us onto prep group after our initial visit, as my husband and I hadn't lived together for long enough; he worked away from home for a couple of years.

Now starting the process again with a VA and have initial visit in early Feb so here's hoping!!!

Nice to 'meet' you all and I hope those at intros or matching are getting along well. x

MyDogEatsPoop wow, wonderful news. I just wish you best fun time getting that room ready and thinking of her in it! I really hope all goes well.

Best of luck Maiyacat.

Verity would you be willing to tell me or PM about the medical, what do they check? Also the family tree, how detailed is it and what is it all about, I've not heard of it before. A firm handshake from me and maybe an air kiss or two back to you.

MrsBW, hope it goes well for you next month, not long to go.

Best wishes to Fishwife1949, Cheltenhamgirl, Sadie, Tigglette, Juno, Happiestinwellybobs, Loco and Wendy

MrsBW Sun 10-Feb-13 15:32:06

Visit went brilliantly, totally different from last time. Social Worker said there and then that she'd be making a recommendation that we be placed on next month's prep group.

We're on our way grin

Fab, * MrsBW* good news.

Happiestinwellybobs Sun 10-Feb-13 18:11:38

Ooh exciting news!! smile

Happiestinwellybobs Sun 10-Feb-13 18:43:58

Ooh exciting news!! smile

Mum2G Mon 11-Feb-13 18:36:32

Fab news MrsBW, great that you didn't have to wait to find out too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now