Adoption Christmas meet

(81 Posts)
Kewcumber Tue 18-Sep-12 18:09:14

Good idea/bad idea?

What d'yall reckon?

I would be happy to go to either or both, afternoon with kids or evening. It is a bit of a journey for me so I might not bring my dd but would just love to meet any of you who are free before Christmas.

Lovesoftplay Thu 27-Sep-12 18:38:32

I could only do an afternoon really as its a fair trek for me, so would welcome an afternoon and evening meet. Any ideas on dates yet?

Are people thinking of a particular day of the week? Friday, Saturday, Sunday???

15, 16, 17 December are free for me! In fact I am free right up to Christmas after that but might be too near Christmas for some! Just suggesting it ... (slinks away!)

HappySunflower Fri 28-Sep-12 11:16:58

I can do those dates smile

DameKewcumber Fri 28-Sep-12 11:48:15

I think you might struggle to get people together the week before xmas - certainly int he evening when babysitting supply competes more likely evenings out (in my dreams!)

I will set up a doodle list (its very easy to use - will also look at meetomatic)

Daytime meets will opnly work for those with children not in school or at a weekend and again I suspect there's too much Xmas stuff going on around then to agree it. If you travel from somehwere else how would you plan to bring a child during the day - what happens at the evening? from experience we tend to end up getting chucked out last!

Yes, I agree it is quite late in terms of close to Christmas.

Would people maybe prefer earlier in December or maybe October or November?

Also, Kew - do you pm people where to go?

If I can make the chosen date I will definitely come.

DameKewcumber Fri 28-Sep-12 12:08:53

What we have done in the past is agree a venue or at least a idea of some then swap pm's/emails/mobile phone number (very important as tehre's always last minute drop outs).

Once we've agreed a date (I'm delaying shamelessly as I'm waiting conformation of an important family Xmas date!) then we'll discuss locations and type of food and then everyone dumps a choice on me and blithely says - "oh we don;t mind"!

sounds perfect, I eat almost anything (except black pudding!) Not many black pudding only restaurants in London!

Devora Fri 28-Sep-12 22:27:12

That's it, everyone dumps on Kew. And she never lets us down grin

DameKewcumber Fri 28-Sep-12 22:43:48

for that I will pick argentinian steak restaurant this time (you are veggie aren't you?)

calmlychaotic Fri 28-Sep-12 22:46:53

possible trip to London with no kids sounds great! Xmas shopping too.

Devora Fri 28-Sep-12 23:05:23

grin

hifi Fri 28-Sep-12 23:15:18

Only available until 8 th December.can put 2 people up,same room thogrin

DameKewcumber Fri 28-Sep-12 23:20:19

would you all consider January dates as well because December is looking a bit squeezed for me. probably only one Friday night free and I'll find out shortly which one that is.

hifi Fri 28-Sep-12 23:24:51

January,yes,very boring month.something to look forward to!

HappySunflower Fri 28-Sep-12 23:50:29

January fine for me.
I think we'll need to make it a Saturday, though- as otherwise those bringing their children to the daytime bit won't be able to get there if they have school-aged children.

DameKewcumber Sat 29-Sep-12 00:03:22

if you bring your child to the daytime bit - what will you do with them in the evening? I don't see how one meeting with children and one without on the same day can work unless they are for different groups of people - in which case why not arrange them on separate days?

I can make January, but I think I'm away the last week of the month (but go with that if it works for everyone else, obviously)

January would work for me. As would November or December. It does depend which dates as we have our adoption training (yipee!!) and I have a work thing too in January.

Although I'd like to bring DD to meet your kids all at some point I think for a first meeting (for me) I am more interested in me meeting YOU guys and I would find that harder with DD around so I won't bring her - but I don't mind who else brings whom ever!

Are we describing one meet up or two?

Lovesoftplay Sat 29-Sep-12 19:06:45

I wasn't gonna bring my children to the afternoon bit, it's just cos I live a fair distance I didn't want to commit to evening and have no way of getting home sad

HappySunflower Sat 29-Sep-12 19:57:00

I'm only planning to come to the daytime. I was under the impression they'd be on the same day- then those people without children with them but wanting to come to both bits/stay on for the evening can do so.

As much as I'd love an evening out with you all being an hour and a half away from my newly adopted little girl isn't, and won't (for obvious reasons!) be an option for a very long time!

Can all those intending to bring their children to the daytime make themselves known either on here? That way we can gauge whether there's enough interest in a daytime meet at all. smile

I'd definitely be up for a day time or evening meeting, with or without kids, but I may not bring my little one. So count me in for anything, as long as I am free. I do work but my job is flexible.

Thanks.

I'd be up for an evening meet up, minus children please.

I think the benefit of having am afternoon time and evening time meet up on the same day is that maybe some of us who would be wanting to come without kids, and are coming from far away, might try and make both! I live outside London and it would be quite expensive to come in on two different days to meet everyone but if there is a one day when people are meeting, afternoon with kids and evening without kids, I would probably try and come in the afternoon to meet some of you and then stay on for a bit to meet the rest!

Sounds greedy! I know, but then I am greedy!

Anyway, if it ends up that we find a suitable date then I would be delighted to meet as many of you as I can and if not will just wait for next opportunity.

Thanks,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now