Adoption Christmas meet

(81 Posts)
Kewcumber Tue 18-Sep-12 18:09:14

Good idea/bad idea?

What d'yall reckon?

HappySunflower Tue 18-Sep-12 20:57:19

GREAT idea! smile

Devora Tue 18-Sep-12 21:18:40

You know me, always up for a jar and a gossip.

Who's invited?

Lovesoftplay Wed 19-Sep-12 08:25:41

Great idea, I love meeting adoptive mummies. They are the only ones who truly understand!!

Oh, hang on, am I invited?

Kewcumber Wed 19-Sep-12 11:41:58

"Who's invited?" - anyone who wants to come! I wasn't planning on issuing invites!

Kewcumber Wed 19-Sep-12 11:43:00

I know everyone always suggests London but its generally the easiest place for the majority of people to get to. I'm happy to go somewhere else if necessary (and give Devora a lift)

MyDogEatsPoop Wed 19-Sep-12 14:13:57

Oh I'd love to meet some of you, if us prospectives are welcome too! - I'm in London! (and am previously KenHom..)

Devora Wed 19-Sep-12 21:18:35

Do you think Kristina will be able to come, given that it's not flower show time?

Hang on, where IS Kristina? I haven't seen her for ages.

bran Wed 19-Sep-12 21:22:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Devora Wed 19-Sep-12 22:32:32

Thanks, bran. Kristina, if you're reading this, I'm missing you...

Lilka Wed 19-Sep-12 23:20:52

A great idea smile Having said that, London is very far for me to travel which gives me a major childcare problem. Give me plenty of notice of the date and I'll see if i can pull it off, but I'm not sure

Maryz Wed 19-Sep-12 23:24:06

envy

Do you all fancy a weekend in Dublin?

I'd really love to join you if nembies are welcome too!

Devora Thu 20-Sep-12 00:16:09

Italiangreyhound, you really don't qualify as a newbie anymore smile

Devora Oh Shucks! What a lovely thing to say!

I'd love to, if that's OK, and London is fine for me.

How many times have you guys met up?

Kewcumber Thu 20-Sep-12 21:04:43

Well I think I've met Kristina about 3 or 4 times ditto Devora, and a few others once.

So are we agreed on London?
DO we want to make it pre-xmas or would the quiet time in January be a better idea?
Maryz - I have a sofa-bed.....

FamiliesShareGerms Thu 20-Sep-12 21:43:24

Yes! And hopefully DD won't be sick this time and I'll make it...

Pheasant - an aside (that will make me sound like a stalker) but from a couple of your other posts in Local MN I think we must live close to each other

bran Thu 20-Sep-12 21:48:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Maryz Thu 20-Sep-12 21:52:54

I think it's just the two of us Bran.

Adoption in Ireland is incredibly rare, apart from foreign adoption. And they tend to hang around in specific "by country" groups and boards. There are a few on Rollercoaster.

I've only ever met one person who has adopted an Irish child.

Maryz Thu 20-Sep-12 21:54:43

Thanks for the offer Kew - I bottled the mn meetup next week, and I suspect I would bottle this too. It's hard to book planes for nights out, it works out a tad expensive grin.

But the next time I'm in London I will be letting you know - and MrsDeVere, I'd love to meet her too.

Kewcumber Thu 20-Sep-12 21:56:09

I thought Ryan Air charged about £4.50?

Devora Thu 20-Sep-12 21:56:40

It's such a shame you can't come, Lilka! Where on earth do you live? [Mental image of LIlka and brood on Hebridean island accessible only by pedal steamer]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now