Was told some shocking/sickening news from the social worker yesterday.

(34 Posts)
isthisnameavailable Wed 02-Nov-11 18:27:23

A few of you may remember, I've been on here before, explaining how my child was adopted out against my will when I was very young (adoption was completed in 2002 on grounds of possible future emotional abuse due to some self harm I did).
I'm now happily parenting my two younger children who are aged 1 and 4.

We had social services do a Children in need needing breifly this year, as my older son is disabled and we had housing issues (tenancy terminating due to it being a recently diseased relatives tenancy) the housing issue is now resolved.
We're now being discharged from social services and my son has a diagnosis of Autism so is now getting appropriate help :-)

On the social worker's final visit yesterday she mentioned that her request to close our case includes her view that I'm a very loving capable mother to my two youngest boys, etc, and my partner is equally caring and supported, so all good, thumbs up!

But what she also told me that after investigating the forced adoption of my first child, she found that the social services department have written that I had actually agreed to it.
I expected some allegations of not being good enough at the time, but to write that I signed my child over perminantly, of my own will!!

I cannot believe that they could write something so false.

Are you adoptive parents aware that such fabrications can be included in the files?

I am still utterly stunned by this news of them falsifying my son's record sad sad sad

Lilka Wed 13-Mar-13 20:03:14

I'm very sorry that happened to you, truly

But i stand by what I said upthread. Mistakes in individual cases can have a devastating impact on the family, but they do not add up to a national child stealing ring, which does not exist. And I think promoting sites like the one linked (or IJ's site) is misguided, putting photos of adopted children online is wrong

fightforjustice Wed 13-Mar-13 20:09:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Lilka Wed 13-Mar-13 20:20:35

If you aren't suppose to talk about the case, why are you doing it now on Mumsnet? I have no idea why the judge decided about gagging or anything else in your case because I don't have access to court documents

I've said twice that in some inidivual cases mistakes are made and they are devastating. Mistakes are not acceptable. What I am saying is that mistakes are not the reason the vast vast majority of children come into care. Most children come into care becuse of dysfunction/neglect/drugs/abuse. The minority of cases in which mistakes are made do not add up to some national child stealing ring. I can tell you that having seen many profiles of children waiting for adoption over the years (plus adopting my own and talking with other adopters), I have never ever seen one profile, talked to one parent where there wasn't abuse/neglect/serious dysfunction. Not one.

fightforjustice Wed 13-Mar-13 20:27:12

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

cjel Wed 13-Mar-13 20:31:25

fighting, Its clear that you have had a rough time one way or another but for every case like you there are loads where vulnerable children are removed from families and adopted to protect them and they have good lives. Your children don't even seem to have been stolen they are with their father.I can't imagine your pain but yours is not a typical story. and surely it is not in a childs best interest to have their photos on these sites.

OP Hope you have the result you deserve and you son knows the truth and you have some sort of peace about it.xx

fightforjustice Wed 13-Mar-13 20:34:12

fightforjustice Wed 13-Mar-13 20:40:32

Lilka Wed 13-Mar-13 20:40:40

And again, this is the fourth time i am saying that mistakes do happen. I believe that in a minority of cases the wrong decision is made. But this does not reflect what normally happens in child protection

And you are putting words in people's mouths, cjel didn't say anything about what ss did or did not do in your case and nor have I. Talking generally here

Both of us were also talking about posting adopted children's photos online (not right, not helpful), and your sons are not adopted

fightforjustice Wed 13-Mar-13 20:43:58

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now