Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Wtf do I do? A neighbour is screaming

(52 Posts)
Hurr1cane Wed 03-Sep-14 20:58:44

Like really screaming. Like they're distressed or in pain. It's coming from the house backing onto mine which are related to my neighbours but me neighbours aren't in. But it might not be it might be from the street they're on.

The little girl has just been at the window and I asked if she was ok but she just closed the curtains.

I can't go round there because DS is in bed and I can't leave him. I'm so worried.

VegasIsBest Wed 03-Sep-14 20:59:52

Phone the police

Cornflakesnmilk Wed 03-Sep-14 21:00:01

I would call 101 to be honest especially as there is a child there. Police can then check.

FreeLikeABird Wed 03-Sep-14 21:00:09

Call the police

Herecomesthesciencebint Wed 03-Sep-14 21:00:24

Police. Immediately.

call 999 or if that seems too extreme call the non-emergency police number and they will decide hiw to treat it

Pantah630 Wed 03-Sep-14 21:00:42

Call 999, they can decide whether an ambulance, police or both are needed.

littlewhitebag Wed 03-Sep-14 21:00:51

Call 101 and report what you heard/saw. They will probably pop round to the address to check it out.

WhatsGoingOnEh Wed 03-Sep-14 21:01:13

God! That must be scary.

JennyOnTheBlocks Wed 03-Sep-14 21:01:18

definitely call the police

wheretoyougonow Wed 03-Sep-14 21:01:39

Call the police and explain there is a child in the property aswell. They really won't mind.

Only1scoop Wed 03-Sep-14 21:02:05

I'd call Police if its still going on

Sirzy Wed 03-Sep-14 21:02:11

999 Better safe than sorry

Hurr1cane Wed 03-Sep-14 21:02:17

I'm just worried it might just be here little boy who is disabled having a meltdown and I'll just make it worse though.

I've been on the receiving end of those screams if it is and they do sound horrific if someone isn't actually there.

I wish my neighbours were in because they could go and check.

BikeRunSki Wed 03-Sep-14 21:02:39

In a similar situation I have called the police.

Hurr1cane Wed 03-Sep-14 21:02:52

It sounds like a woman but it could as easily be a little boy.

hoobypickypicky Wed 03-Sep-14 21:02:54

999 and say there's a child in the property and how she responded to your enquiry. Better to be safe than sorry.

ThatBloodyWoman Wed 03-Sep-14 21:03:27

This is a genuine reason for calling 999 I think.

OwnerOfAnInsanePuppy Wed 03-Sep-14 21:03:57

Eek, maybe 101?

Lucy61 Wed 03-Sep-14 21:04:27

Call the police! The neighbours and police will understand of it turns out to be nothing.

Sirzy Wed 03-Sep-14 21:04:39

Better for he police to go and it be nothing than to ignore it.

ColdTeaAgain Wed 03-Sep-14 21:04:42

Call 999. It it turns out to be ok then no harm has been done.

ScrambledeggLDCcakeBOAK Wed 03-Sep-14 21:05:04

Yes 101 or 999 if you are worried (can be anonymous if you want)

CeliaBowen Wed 03-Sep-14 21:05:36

Yes, call the police. Don't worry about making it any worse. In the long run, it will be better.

CurlyWurlyCake Wed 03-Sep-14 21:05:37

Best to call 999

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now