Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Disneyland Paris Questions.... Feb half term?

(23 Posts)
StripyBanana Wed 03-Sep-14 17:01:28

Hello!

I'm thinking about taking my children to eurodisney (6 and 3 - the oldest would turn 6 while there).

Presumably its quieter in Feb? Are the rides still open, parades, fireworks etc?

On the site it comes I at 1130 for 4 nights (same price as 2 nights!) At a hotel 15 mins walk away with a pool. Is that a good price?

I want to go to paris for a day. Could I use one of those days? Maybe in the middle. Would it work?

Would there be any advantage to booking eurostar directly? The package only offers one time but it suits me.

any advantage dover over london?

Madeyemoodysmum Wed 03-Sep-14 17:36:58

Is it a Disney hotel? You get more perks if it is.

Price seems good if its half term.
I've been in earl march and it was pretty quiet but I took eldest out of school a few days. Youngest was in nursery
Yes book Eurostar separately. It will be cheaper.
Weather was nice. Mild Cardigan weather

Parks close early in winter though

I'm sure you could do Paris but I'd be included!ined to do the way home. Than go into Paris mid holiday but I guess you could. Its close enough.

Johnogroats Wed 03-Sep-14 17:48:54

We went in Feb when DSs were 5 and 3. NEVER EVER again.

It was freezing, sunny but freezing. The queues were AWFUL - the French are off at Feb half term (vacances de neige). There was nowhere to sit inside and warm up. The food was crap and expensive (queued for half an hour, told the only option was fish nuggets and paid 35 Euros (4 years ago)...for 2 adults and 2 children. We had to sit outside in minus 2.

We had a day in Paris and that was much better, more fun and cheaper.

The DSs have never asked to go back.

HermioneWeasley Wed 03-Sep-14 17:51:22

Agree, think it will be very cold in feb.

If going during half term, would recommend a Disney hotel to make most of extra hours as queues can be horrendous

Johnogroats Wed 03-Sep-14 17:56:17

and take ski gear.

StripyBanana Wed 03-Sep-14 18:40:28

Yup its a disney hotel. Presumably the queues will still be a lot quieter than summer?!

Not sure im worried about weather. We dont particularly like sweltering hot!

Food prices will be the same any time of year... We'd take our own!

4 nights is 5 days and we dont tend to do theme parks for more than a day hence the idea of breakingbit up with paris (and swimming at the pool!)

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 03-Sep-14 18:42:24

Might be better weather October half term?

StripyBanana Wed 03-Sep-14 18:42:42

The benefit of feb is the 2 extra days - the price for 5 days on a disney hotel with a pool seemed good. As well as daughters birthday!

Grr its the same school hols as the french though.

StripyBanana Wed 03-Sep-14 18:43:32

October isnt cheap and ive heard is quite busy as they do a halloween special. Also isnt my daughters birthday!

StripyBanana Wed 03-Sep-14 18:44:27

March and out of school sounds good... but not too sure about out of school wrath!

NormHonal Wed 03-Sep-14 18:47:23

Paris gets bitterly cold in the winter. TBH I wouldn't go then, because of that alone.

StripyBanana Wed 03-Sep-14 18:49:58

Colder than here?

its sounding like its cheap for a reason. We have warm clothes though...

Madeyemoodysmum Wed 03-Sep-14 18:56:55

I'm taking mine out in may next year for. a week to do Florida. I'm prepared to get flamed on here.
I've been saving for five years for this holiday and I'm not changing my plans now!
Will just have to get fined if it comes to it.

That's your call if you want to risk it from my point of view I wanted to go when I could enjoy the break and not be queing for hours

If your in a Disney hotel make sure you get up early and get to breakfast as soon as the restaurants opens. Then you can head straight into park from their.
If you leave it yo will then have to queue to get into breakfast and then you will be head in to park with the hotel crowds plus public.

Its even that busy off season and I've been off season twice. Its the only way to enjoy a Disney holiday if you don't want t queue. Use as many cases passes as you can.
The most popuart rides are the new toy story area /toy story ride in the space land/ and also the drving rides in space land. I forget its name. thunder mountin /peter pan/dumbo! otherwise I can't recall queuing for any of the others for that long. They are very efficient at Disney even in France! Much better the theme parks here.

Food wise there is one small supermarket and you won't have facility in your room to keep food cold. Unless you are in Davy crosckett as I think that self catering
We found the portions very large so you can easily get away with sharing meals. Especially the kids.

Some restaurants are very expensive but you can find food at affordable prices if you are not too fussy about waiter service etc.

I hope y ou have. a magical time!

Madeyemoodysmum Wed 03-Sep-14 18:58:25

Sorry lots of typos. Feel free to pm me for other info if you need it.

Crutchlow35 Wed 03-Sep-14 19:08:29

We are going February half term with DS who is 6. Staying off site though as it's cheaper.

We've been in Janaury before. Yes, it's cold but wrap up warm and you will be fine. Food cost what it cost because taking our own bar snacks wasn't an option - unless sitting out in the cold and eating a picnic is your thing then eating in one of the restaurants is the way to go.

Crutchlow35 Wed 03-Sep-14 19:10:25

Our hotel and park tickets will cost £570 for 4 nights. May be a few quid more when I actually pay for the tickets. £200 for the hotel which is an apartment with a small kitchen and £370 for tx.

WeAreGroot Wed 03-Sep-14 19:13:17

We (me, DM and DSis) went last year in mid March and it was bloody freezing. Literally, fountains were frozen and all the big external rides (Big Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, etc.) were closed because of the weather. It wasn't too bad queuing wise, in fact with the extra magic hours in the morning we got on lots of the very popular rides that were working early with minimal, if any, queuing.

We flew from LBA to CDG (our flight only just got in before they closed CDG because of the snow) and had tickets for the TGV which wasn't running. We ended up sharing a taxi with a couple also heading to Disneyland.

Admittedly the snow was a bit anomalous for the time of year but the temperatures weren't particularly unusual.

We're going again and have decided on October (not half term) this time, mostly for the Halloween stuff but the weather should be much more agreeable!

StripyBanana Wed 03-Sep-14 19:47:16

Crutch - how much will the eurostar be on top of that?

I'm wondering about going at all now! I definitely dont want to go in the summer and like the idea of early hours and a pool.

My husband I went one march (term time) pre kids and had a fab time. We tend to find a supermarket and do own snacks.... but that was in a hotel a few stops out. Hadnt at all budgetted 4xmeal costs as we rarely eat out....

StripyBanana Wed 03-Sep-14 19:47:52

Crutch - hotel with kitche sounds good...

MizLizLemon Wed 03-Sep-14 19:53:59

Went in January for a couple of days a few years back and it sleeted almost the whole time. I don't mind wet and I don't mind cold but this was both, wouldn't do it again.

Crutchlow35 Wed 03-Sep-14 20:24:57

we are flying easyjet at £190 for 3 of us.

staying at adagio val d europe

BeyondRepair Wed 03-Sep-14 20:36:00

stripey there is a great forum on disney on trip avidivor called something valley, do go it sounds fab. we are also saving up but I admit i will probably take dc out of school for a few days.

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Wed 03-Sep-14 20:52:05

We went a few years ago feb half term & it was both cold & v wet but we had a great time. Your 2 kids will love it & you can have a really nice meal/celebration in one of the character restaurants (cafe Mickey usually has loads of birthdays in, it's great).

As long as you mentally prepare for the queue skipping/rudeness & plan your day to get busy rides/queues out the way early, mix it up with shows/pre-booked meals/parades etc you can have a great time. Magic hours are great, fast pass is really useful, queue time apps are also great (I don't know if they've sorted the Paris one out but it didn't exist when we went but queue time apps make a huge difference to your planning).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now