Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Congratulations to Kim Kardashian and Tony Blair on their GQ awards!

(43 Posts)
Nokidsnoproblem Wed 03-Sep-14 15:16:59

As you may have heard, Kim Kardashian was last night named GQ's 'Woman of the Year' and Tony Blair picked up their annual award for philanthropy.

Congratulations to them, and to the other lucky winners!

BucktoothedGirlinLuxembourg Wed 03-Sep-14 15:19:13

Is this a joke?

Cereal0ffender Wed 03-Sep-14 15:23:12

Does anyone actually read gq.

Heels99 Wed 03-Sep-14 15:28:09

Lol! I love this thread!

squoosh Wed 03-Sep-14 15:29:37

Is it still edited by that awful Dylan Jones person who wrote the most bum licking David Cameron book?

Am I the only cynical person who thinks if the awards had gone to someone who actually deserved them, that the entire ceremony would never have been mentioned anywhere? The only reason these awards have made any headlines is because of the choice of winners.

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 03-Sep-14 15:34:53

I don't understand what Kim Kardashian has actually DONE to deserve an award. confused

As for Blair ... that's a whole other thread. hmm

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 03-Sep-14 15:35:41

I don't understand what Kim Kardashian has actually DONE to deserve an award. confused

As for Blair ... that's a whole other thread. hmm

emeraldgirl1 Wed 03-Sep-14 15:37:40

Worthy winners both smile

Skinheadmermaid Wed 03-Sep-14 15:39:57

Kim Kardashian has worked tirelessly all year promoting and donating to her many charities and notable humanitarian works. Good for her! Such a fantastic example of a selfless, humble, worldly person.

...Oh...wait....

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 03-Sep-14 15:43:39

Oh yes, silly me ... grin

Carpaccio Wed 03-Sep-14 15:44:16
donnie Wed 03-Sep-14 15:47:15

WTF reads GQ anyway? wink

what a pile of steaming horse cack though, to be honest. Naming KK 'Woman of the year ' is a little like electing Wayne Rooney 'mighty intellect of the year'....just a bit of post-modern ironic fun ? And as for Blair being named 'philanthropist of the year' - irony doesn't even begin to touch it....

Nokidsnoproblem Wed 03-Sep-14 15:48:01

I am delighted that Tony Blair finally picked up such a coveted charity award. I am sure you will all agree that it is long overdue! Maybe MN could invite him over for a webchat so that we can all personally congratulate him?

emeraldgirl1 Wed 03-Sep-14 15:49:10

actually, it's obviously funny... except it's sort of not, when you think more about it.
Tony Blair, for obvious reasons.
And KK - I mean, isn't it just so so so depressing that someone who, let's face it, is only famous for being very pretty (and making a sex tape), is held up by anyone apart from 12 year olds as something to aspire to?

emeraldgirl1 Wed 03-Sep-14 15:49:52

sorry - being very pretty and having a physics-defying bottom. my mistake.

Cereal0ffender Wed 03-Sep-14 15:49:54

Kk looks like an half unwrapped sex doll

donnie Wed 03-Sep-14 15:49:55

Carpaccio when you said 'classy' I think you meant 'arsey' on account of the monumentally inflated fundament, no ?wink

donnie Wed 03-Sep-14 15:52:23

not naturally pretty though emeraldgirl1 - it's all plastic n botox innit?

emeraldgirl1 Wed 03-Sep-14 15:54:29

well, yes, you're probably right donnie, which makes me even more depressed (and rage-filled, if I bother to think about these things for long enough) for the state of the world.

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 03-Sep-14 15:56:29

Seriously though, what is with that @rse?! How is that even possible?!

donnie Wed 03-Sep-14 15:58:00

her arse looks like Lolo Ferrari's boobs grin except less natural.

Bartlebee Wed 03-Sep-14 16:00:42

Trying to find a positive...

She embraces her shape & then some!

My dh saw pics online of her yesterday at the GQ Awards. He said, 'omg look at the size of her arse. Does she own a mirror?'

But I think, good on her.

squoosh Wed 03-Sep-14 16:05:35

She's certainly embracing someone's shape, just not her own.

Carpaccio Wed 03-Sep-14 16:16:03

No no donnie I most certainly meant classy! ;)

GQ must be on the windup to give her the woman of the year award with this reason: "It's been quite the year for Mrs. Kardashian West. She gave birth to her first child, North West, married her rapper boyfriend, Kanye, in one of the most lavish ceremonies on record, and made the transition from 'just another' reality TV star to bona fide media sensation.

It wouldn't be wrong to claim that, right now, she's the most famous woman in the world. Even Obama talks about her. It wouldn't be wrong, either, to say she's redefined the meaning of pop culture in the mere space of 12 months."

www.gq-magazine.co.uk/men-of-the-year/home/moty-2014/kim-kardashian-woman-gq-men-of-the-year-awards-2014

I guess it is quite an achievement to be under 35 and have been married 3 times. And that the child was conceived while she was still married to someone else. But getting an award for it...?

Surely there are other women out there who have actually achieved something astonishing. Maybe they just didn't want to get naked in GQ and therefore not worthy of an award...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now