Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

New mums what was the best present you received for your new baby/babies?

(84 Posts)
HahaHarrie Wed 03-Sep-14 13:31:46

That's it really! Just wondering if I should be more adventurous than a babygrow. Thanks!

LindaMcCartneySausage Wed 03-Sep-14 13:34:31

A sleeping bag. Love them. Very useful

fertilityFTW Wed 03-Sep-14 13:37:02

Aden and Anais Bamboo muslins! Have served many purposes and are so soft and get softer with every wash! Their Dream Blanket is luffly too.

TropicalHorse Wed 03-Sep-14 13:37:24

A beautiful handmade mobile!

walde Wed 03-Sep-14 13:37:33

A Morkk blanket.

KittenOverlord Wed 03-Sep-14 13:41:42

I had a lovely set of toiletries just for me from my friend, which was nice as everything else was for the baby!

My parents got him a gorgeous teddy with his year of birth embroidered on the foot, which lives in his room now.

I would have loved a Morkk for him, tempted to get one for this baby.

Lagoonablue Wed 03-Sep-14 13:43:29

A Taggy blanket, cute, warm, washable. Lots of vests and socks as they always get lost. Also bootees are good for the winter. A snow suit was nice too.

LoblollyBoy Wed 03-Sep-14 14:09:33

The penguin mobile from Flensted, who are the real deal in mobile making, I had one when I was a child!

FrOZenKidS Wed 03-Sep-14 14:19:44

I got (and now make for my friendsgrin) a huge nappy cake with extras in like talc, sudocrem etc Soooooooo very useful, all gets used and always appreciated smile

Olbas Wed 03-Sep-14 14:28:04

A cleaner paid for by my brother for 6 glorious weeks

Notso Wed 03-Sep-14 14:32:23

My favourite things were,
Hand knitted sheepskin lined booties,
Teddy bears embroidered with birth date and name,
Tuppence and crumble baby star wrap,
Framed name picture.

Also useful were clothes in bigger sizes, weaning paraphernalia, sophie the giraffe and bath toys.

murphys Wed 03-Sep-14 14:32:46

I got a "voucher" from my aunt to call on her at anytime to come and do the washing up. I still have it. It was my favourite gift. She would phone and pop in and tell me not to tidy up because she was coming. She would arrive, put the kettle on, make me some tea and tidy up for me.

Gotobloodysleep Wed 03-Sep-14 14:35:02

A fabric sling (kind of like the moby one, but her friend makes then so good friend got me one)

DeputyPecksBentBeak Wed 03-Sep-14 14:40:54

Olbas envy

A friend bought my DS a taggy comforter with his name embroidered on it. He loves it and sleeps with it every night

englishmummyinwales Wed 03-Sep-14 14:44:24

My parents bought me a fortnightly cleaner for a year. I was almost tempted to keep having children in the hope it would continue....

Pointlessfan Wed 03-Sep-14 14:48:02

A beautiful quilt a friend made, muslin squares and chocolate (for me!)
We got lots of clothes in bigger sizes which seemed like a good idea but they were mostly wrong for the season so think ahead if you do buy them.

ShowMeShowMeTheWine Wed 03-Sep-14 14:53:25

Murphys, that's so lovely it's made me cry (disclaimer- heavily pregnant!)

I'm afraid I'm quite envy at these as I got fil turning up unannounced demanding to be let in when me and baby were unwashed asleep and mil telling me what a bad mother I am sad.

Thurlow Wed 03-Sep-14 14:58:05

A Kindle for me!

Actually I liked getting clothes for a few months later. Had a winter baby, quite a few friends gave us 6m vests which were perfect for the summer.

Only1scoop Wed 03-Sep-14 15:01:25

A box of trumpette sox just adorable....

A bloom coco lounger

Quivering Wed 03-Sep-14 15:05:52

A pair of gorgeous pyjamas for me.

bambinibop Wed 03-Sep-14 15:06:05

Chocolates for me! Clothes in next sizes up in preparation, vests and socks very handy and muslin squares. Oh and some friends bought us a bouncy chair which has been used every day for six months!

bugsyburge Wed 03-Sep-14 15:59:23

an amazingly huge chocolate hamper.... was one of the best gifts ive ever received...we were inundated with gifts for DD which was overwhelming but it was lovely to receive something for me & definitely something i would order for a close friend

I tend to get something small for baby - babygrow or a cute outfit but the main focus is on the mum.
Perfume if BF.
If not then it's a bottle of Veuve Clicquot.

I just always remember getting soooo much for baby and I got nothing.
Only 1 person thought maybe I deserved something and I'll never forget that!

jopickles Wed 03-Sep-14 16:13:58

a really pretty and unusual night light

HahaHarrie Wed 03-Sep-14 16:23:12

Lots of lovely ideas here, now to decide what to go for this time. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now