Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Do you allow babysitters bring a boyfriend?

(14 Posts)
TiramiSue Wed 03-Sep-14 13:15:37

We have asked a girl we know to babysit our 5 kids on Friday night. I don't know her that well, but she is a local girl (around 20) and seems very nice and reliable, this is her first time sitting for us.

She has texted and asked if its ok to bring her boyfriend along. i have never met him, don't know him at all, and don't really feel that comfortable with this.

Maybe if i knew her and/or him better it would be fine, but thats not the case. Is it ok to say no?? Probably means no babysitter for fri night but just not happy with this...

SirChenjin Wed 03-Sep-14 13:20:48

It's absolutely OK to say no, and if she turns down the chance of money simply because she can't bring her boyfriend then you're better off without her.

That being said - what risk does he pose in reality?

TiramiSue Wed 03-Sep-14 13:27:44

sirchenjijn very little risk, in all probability.

However, its probably because i don't know her all that well, and i don't know him at all, that i don't really like the idea of it, and would rather she just did the babysit job on her own, or not at all.

FrootLoopy Wed 03-Sep-14 13:39:32

The first time she's babysitting? Not bloody likely!

She hasn't shown you in any way yet that she is reliable.

This request would have me wondering just how far she'd push things, as it doesn't really show a lot of common sense. You ask to bring your boyfriend only if you have proved to be reliable and trustworthy, and you have built up a good relationship with the parents and the children you babysit.

Quangle Wed 03-Sep-14 13:41:46

it's really not too much to say no random unknown people in your house when you are not there.

Only1scoop Wed 03-Sep-14 13:41:55

No chance ....especially if you don't even know the 'local girl' that well either.

KnackeredMuchly Wed 03-Sep-14 13:44:08

I would say no.

TiramiSue Wed 03-Sep-14 13:46:12

ok right thanks , I've just texted her, and feeling rather embarrassed about having to say no, but she shouldn't have put me in this position anyway.

Fudgeface123 Wed 03-Sep-14 13:48:26

If a local teen was going to be looking after my 5 kids I'd have them round the house, firing all sorts of questions at them!

No way should she even ask to bring her boyfriend..I wouldn't have anyone I didn't know anywhere near my children

Only1scoop Wed 03-Sep-14 13:49:49

You don't have to feel embarrassed....

Altinkum Wed 03-Sep-14 13:55:16

You don't know her well, and you don't know the boyfriend at all, tbh I wouldn't be leaving my children with either of them.

I'd rather not go out and leave my children with somebody who I haven't formed a relationship with to trust them with my children.

Lucylouby Wed 03-Sep-14 14:33:22

I don't think I would want a baby sitter bringing a boyfriend round. As a teenager I had a friend whose boyfriend used to go babysitting with her. They used to find it quite amusing that they were having sex on the sofa after the children were in bed. I would not want someone else having sex on our sofas, so would say no. (I'm sure this doesn't happen with all teenager babysitters when they bring heir boyfriend with them, but I wouldn't be comfortable with it).

specialsubject Wed 03-Sep-14 14:36:07

no. I doubt they are planning on using your house for quiet conversation. This also means that they may not notice if your children need help.

Seriouslyffs Wed 03-Sep-14 14:44:51

Not the first time, definitely not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now