Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Angelina Jolie's wedding dress...

(248 Posts)
FrankelandFilly Tue 02-Sep-14 12:39:51

Thoughts? I think it's a beautiful design. Apparently the children all did drawings which were copied and stitched into the dress and veil.

FrankelandFilly Tue 02-Sep-14 12:40:15

From the back

waithorse Tue 02-Sep-14 12:41:16

Horrible dress, but love the veil, really original idea.

Wonc Tue 02-Sep-14 12:43:04

I get the sentiment, but I'm not a fan of the drawings... I love my children's drawings - on the fridge, in a frame, around the house....

On a wedding dress? Not so much.

nyprincess Tue 02-Sep-14 12:43:09

I love veil and the dress is nice too.

FrankelandFilly Tue 02-Sep-14 12:44:50

I get what you're saying about the drawings Wonc, but I do like the shape and simplicity of the dress.

Fluffyears Tue 02-Sep-14 12:46:37

Her and johnny lee miller wore shirts emblazoned with each other's blood so this is tame.

squoosh Tue 02-Sep-14 12:47:02

The dress is okay.

The veil with the drawings is hideous. You're a mum to 27 kids, we get it.

Teeb Tue 02-Sep-14 12:47:15

She just seems like a volcano of smugness to me.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 02-Sep-14 12:48:51

God, Angelina is the Peter Andre of Hollywood. We get it, you love your kids.

I don't like the dress or veil.

bridgetsmum Tue 02-Sep-14 12:49:10

The dress would be lovely without the kids drawings. I hate that idea, it's just too smug or twee or something. Can't put my finger on it

Hideous dress. It looks like a cheap satin bedspread.

Predictable as Angelina, while undeniably beautiful, has never struck me as particularly stylish.

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Tue 02-Sep-14 12:51:33

Not seen it, but get the gist. It sounds a but 'Gwinnie' to me. Yuk.

Don't like it with or without the drawings and I hate veils full stop. I think it's really unflattering, too tight and revealing on top and makes her bottom half look much bigger than it is.

And the doodles are naff and tacky.

You love your kids. We get it.

plentyofshoes Tue 02-Sep-14 12:52:52

If I asked my ds (5) to draw me a picture if would either be a big poo, wee or involve pants. We are going through that phase.
That would look lovely on a dress.

rainbowinmyroom Tue 02-Sep-14 12:53:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

FrankelandFilly Tue 02-Sep-14 12:53:51

Arf at the Peter Andre comparison grin

AnyFucker Tue 02-Sep-14 12:56:07

They did Hello Magazine ?

Jesus, how much money do some people need

How cheap. Seems money can't buy you class

I have no opinion on the frock

Actually revealing isn't the right word for the top half, it isn't really. Deeply unflattering and looks as though it was designed by a 10 year old (even without the drawings).

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 02-Sep-14 12:56:14

I don't mind the dress, it reminds me of an old fashioned Disney princess. She doesn't need all that heavy make up though.

Teeb Tue 02-Sep-14 12:56:21

Also the make up seems really poor to me, it makes her look too severe and a bit unwell. She could do with some rosiness in her cheeks.

AgathaF Tue 02-Sep-14 12:57:02

I think it's a beautiful dress. Makes a change from the off the shoulder or lace numbers that are currently around.

Not so sure about the kids drawings. A nice idea I guess, and they are entitled to have whatever they want at their wedding, so if that's what she liked then good for her.

tobiasfunke Tue 02-Sep-14 12:57:17

I really like the design but it's too tight and too shiney. I now know one of my colleagues is a musnetter as she said 'Angelina. She really loves her kids' this morning when we saw it at work. Made me snort out my tea.

chockbic Tue 02-Sep-14 13:00:05

Not keen, thought she would go for something classic and fitted.

She has big, gnarly hands. Too much washing up, I suspect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now