Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Kent with a 2 year old...

(14 Posts)
HKat Tue 02-Sep-14 11:46:18

I know it's a big county, but can anyone recommend some places in Kent to visit that a two year old(and three months) would like too? Not long moved this way and have some time off, so looking to explore. Already pencilled in some trips to the coast so I'm thinking more inland...

CoolCat2014 Tue 02-Sep-14 11:49:22

Howletts Zoo, Dover Castle, should be a starting point.

katrina81 Tue 02-Sep-14 11:54:35

Wingham wildlife park

HKat Tue 02-Sep-14 11:55:51

Brilliant, thanks CoolCat!

HKat Tue 02-Sep-14 11:56:31

And Katrina grin She loves animals so these suggestions are fab

Gotobloodysleep Tue 02-Sep-14 11:56:43

Kent life in Maidstone. It has farm animals and a big indoor and outdoor play area. Also the Romney hythe, dymchurch steam train. There's a small fairground at dymchurch and beaches at the end of the line. Leeds castle has huge outdoor gardens for letting off steam. Chatham dockyards, if your dc loves boats and trains.

Gotobloodysleep Tue 02-Sep-14 12:00:02

Ooooo, I forgot wingham wildlife park. My 2 year old loved it. Not as big as howlets or port lympe. Also has a good indoor and outdoor play park. Just remember to take food as the canteen is a complete rip off. And take socks (for both of you) if you plan to use the indoor play area.

HKat Tue 02-Sep-14 12:15:13

These are perfect, thanks all!!

HKat Tue 02-Sep-14 12:16:14

I really want to go to Leeds Castle - though as it's £19 per adult, I was wary of paying that much for DP and I if DD would get nothing out if it - so that's good to hear.

Sabrinnnnnnnna Tue 02-Sep-14 12:37:00

Leeds Castle is really nice, as long as the weather's good - there's a train, bird house, play parks, maze, loads of space, climbing trees and ice cream as well as the castle. I love it - we have annual tickets.

Second Musuem of Kent Life.

Also the lido at The Strand in Gillingham on hot days - there is a miniature train, sandpit and playgrounds as well.

Capstone country Park for feedibg the ducks, Shorne woods is also good and has a great adventure playground

rallytog1 Tue 02-Sep-14 13:57:05

Kent and East Sussex Railway. They are delightful with 'lively' toddlers. You can get off at Bodiam Castle, where the main draw for toddlers appears to be the ducks, but is a good place to run around and let off steam.

Rhubarbgarden Tue 02-Sep-14 14:51:50

Groombridge Place. Lovely gardens, fab pirate ship adventure playground accessed by a canal boat ride.

HKat Tue 02-Sep-14 15:58:06

Thanks All!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now