Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Where do you keep your...

(35 Posts)
JamaicanMeCrazy Tue 02-Sep-14 10:23:37

1. towels

2. buggy/pram (if/when you had one)

3. spare toilet rolls

4. small appliances that you don't use every day

5. baby things like walkers, bouncy chairs etc that are not used every day (if/when you had them)

Trying to organise my house and I just don't know what to do with these things so am wondering what other people do smile

please and thank you smile

ThursdayLast Tue 02-Sep-14 10:26:06

1 airing cupboard

2 in the (v large) hallway/or boot of car - still v much in use

3 next to toilet

4 kitchen appliances? In a cupboard in the kitchen. Things like toasted s/wich maker

5 they lived in the sitting room while in use. Loft as soon as outgrown.

Good luck! I love a good tidy up

HopeAndStories Tue 02-Sep-14 10:28:51

1. towels- on the heated towel rails/in a cupboard upstairs

2. buggy/pram (if/when you had one)- N/A

3. spare toilet rolls- in the cellar

4. small appliances that you don't use every day- in the cellar/kitchen cupboards

5. baby things like walkers, bouncy chairs etc that are not used every day (if/when you had them)- N/A

happypotamus Tue 02-Sep-14 10:34:22

1. In a large cupboard on the landing
2. The small buggy still lives next to the front door in the hall even though we haven't used it in months (must suggest DH puts it in the attic). When we had a pram, it didn't fold easily so stayed up in the kitchen by the back door, as we have a big kitchen with enough space. Not sure what will happen in a few months when we have a pram again, as the cats' food is now where we kept the pram previously.
3. In the bathroom in the space between the toilet and sink
4. In a kitchen cupboard (or cluttering up the work surface)
5. In the front room, cluttering the place up. Again, this could be a problem in a few months. DD clutters up the front room with her stuff, we won't have a spare room, no idea where we will put everything.

FelixFelix Tue 02-Sep-14 10:36:08

1. In the storage drawer underneath my bed. Towels being used are hung on the back of the bathroom door.

2. Main pram goes in the boot of the car. I also have a Silver Cross Kensington which lives in my living room to store toys.

3. We have a bench/shelf thing in the bathroom and toilet rolls are stored underneath.

4. Kitchen cupboards! Blender etc. are stored in their boxes on top of the kitchen cupboards collecting dust. Unless it's stuff like laptop (under the settee), camera is stored in its bag down the side of the settee, hair dryer etc. stored underneath my dressing table in the bedroom. Sorry wasn't sure if you meant kitchen appliances or not.

5. DD has a bouncy thing like a jumperoo. It's just stored in the living room, which is the worlds smallest room. I just keep it to the side next to the Silver Cross.

HopeAndStories Tue 02-Sep-14 10:41:11

We do have a few toilet rolls in the bathroom but the rest are in the cellar.

JuniperTisane Tue 02-Sep-14 10:48:43

1. Bathroom/shower room cupboard - in use ones are on the heated towel rail in each room. (not heated all the time, obvs)

2a) main - car boot
2b) alternative - utility room cupboard
2c) mud-plugger - shed
Yes. I have too many pushchairs and all of them are used.

3) Bathroom/loo cupboard

4) Kitchen cupboard - there's only one appliance though, a hand mixer.

5) Corner of the kitchen/living room. I never conquered this one. See photo of my current storage solutions hmm

AnnOnymity Tue 02-Sep-14 10:50:20

1. Towels in towel cupboard (small walk in wardrobe off spare room)

2. Behind that now but used to keep one in each car boot.

3. Bathroom cupboard

4. Not sure what you mean by appliances. Kitchen ones are in the kitchen (cupboards) or utility room.

5. Out in sitting room (didn't have anywhere else to put then when mine were of an age to use those things)

bambinibop Tue 02-Sep-14 10:53:18

1. Airing cupboard and towel rail in bathroom
2. Boot of car sometimes porch but it's a bit cramped
3. Utility room off kitchen
4. Kitchen cupboards toaster kettle on the kitchen side
5. Bouncy chair is in living room along with play mat and high chair all the time! I move them into dd bedroom if lots of people coming over. Highchair can be put away in utility room but as i use it many times a day I don't see the point ! Although dd had nearly grown out of bouncy chair so will put up in loft then. Can't quite let go of it yet she does sometimes still sit in it!

Skivvywoman Tue 02-Sep-14 11:02:35

1) in the hall cupboard

2) big pram was in my bedroom when not being used then small buggy was folded and in a cupboard (but that was in old house)

3) in hall cupboard

4) iron in kitchen cupboard, Hoover and iron board in hall cupboard

5) high chair in kitchen folded when not in use, baby walker at end of day was folded and put standing at side of sofa,bouncy chair was put in corner

blueskiesandflowers Tue 02-Sep-14 11:17:06

Towels upstairs cupboard
Buggy porch
Toilet rolls same cupboard as towels
Small appliances kitchen cupboards
Baby things loundge, under stairs

NannyPlumIsMyIdol Tue 02-Sep-14 11:23:23

1. Airing cupboard in our bedrom
2. Hallway/Boot of car (only used for long days out now)
3. Same as towels
4. On top of the kitchen cupboards
5. Corner of the living room, then loft in between DS and DD2. All sold now.

Mandy2003 Tue 02-Sep-14 11:27:22

1. In the wardrobe (no airing cupboard)
2. Used to keep in the communal lobby of the flats
3. I have a special little shabby chic shelf
4. Kitchen units for gadgets. Wardrobe/lounge cupboards (no attic)
5. They used to live in a pile in the lounge

17leftfeet Tue 02-Sep-14 11:30:52

Towels live in a seagrass chest on the landing outside the bathroom

Pushchair lived in the car boot

Toilet rolls in a little cupboard under the bath

Small appliances in a base cupboard in the kitchen

Never had a walker but bouncy chair lived next to the sofa

CoolCat2014 Tue 02-Sep-14 11:33:53

1. Airing cupboard

2. Yet to figure this out, DC1 due any day now. It will probably have to sit in the lounge as no space in hallway, and I don't have a car atm.

3. Airing cupboard

4. In kitchen cupboards or under the stairs

5. Again not sure yet, mostly in wardrobe in the nursery.

BeyoncesCat Tue 02-Sep-14 11:42:34

1. Bathroom cabinet

2. Boot of car. I live on the first floor really not dragging it upstairs everyday!

3. Bathroom cabinet too

4. Kitchen cupboard and hallway cupboard

5. She's got one half of the living room for her toys and jumperoo walker ect. It's cornered off by the corner sofa so the rooms kind of in too.

Threesocks Tue 02-Sep-14 12:10:29

1. towels - airing cupboard

2. buggy/pram (if/when you had one) - 1. in the boot of the car 2. in the hall

3. spare toilet rolls - a. in a basket on top of the main bathroom cupboard, b. in the cupboard under the sink in the downstairs loo

4. small appliances that you don't use every day - in the pantry

5. baby things like walkers, bouncy chairs etc that are not used every day (if/when you had them) - behind the sofa in the kitchen/family room

JamaicanMeCrazy Tue 02-Sep-14 12:55:52

We don't have an airing cupboard hmm

We do have a cupboard under the stairs but that houses the boiler and not much else.

No upstairs storage other than wardrobes.

Beginning to think my house is just crap angry

SenatusPopulusqueRomanorum Tue 02-Sep-14 13:35:08

1. Towels : shelves in the bathroom.

2. Buggy / pram : in the loft or folded by the front door (DC3 is 22mo so hopefully we will soon get rid of it).

3. Spare toilet rolls : shelves in the loo.

4. Small appliances : in a wall cupboard in my very badly designed kitchen.

5. We had very few baby things. They were usually in the sitting room.

Squitten Tue 02-Sep-14 13:44:48

1. Airing cupboard
2. Big cupboard under the stars
3. On top of the washing machine in the garage
4. Stuffed into our inadequate kitchen
cupboards
5. Big cupboard under the stairs

eltsihT Tue 02-Sep-14 13:52:11

1. Airing cupboard (last house didn't have one so the top shelf of the wardrobe)

2. Hallway, the umbrella push chair is in the Downstairs loo cupboard

3. Bathroom cupboard

4. Slow cooker/mixer/steamer etc, are in a cupboard in the kitchen. Vacuum cleaner, iron, are in the Cupboard in the downstairs loo

5. In the living room, they were only about for a year or so each time, when we had guests I put them up in the bedroom out the way

Vitalstatistix Tue 02-Sep-14 14:01:55

1. towels we have a large built in cupboard at the top of the stairs, towels live on the top shelf of that

2. buggy/pram (if/when you had one*years ago but it was kept under the stairs*

3. spare toilet rolls same cupboard as towels, bottom section. Up to 100! (I have issues with tissues grin )

4. small appliances that you don't use every day in the room they are used in. eg small kitchen appliance in kitchen cupboard, hotbrush etc in built in wardrobe storage shelf at the top of the main wardrobe

5. baby things like walkers, bouncy chairs etc that are not used every day (if/when you had them) they were just out. When the kids were toddlers (they are teens now) we just had stuff like that round the house, I wasn't really bothered

JamaicanMeCrazy Tue 02-Sep-14 14:23:27

squitten of wish I had a big cupboard under the stars grin

MrsPear Tue 02-Sep-14 14:44:44

1 clean towels in box at end of our bed
2 buggy in ds2's room - it is his after all
3 spare loo roll in hall cupboard
4 in kitchen cupboard
5 out in corner of sitting room - glad to be rid

TheBigBumTheory Tue 02-Sep-14 14:51:30

Airing cupboard
Hallway
Airing cupboard in plastic crate
In kitchen cupboard
In living room

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now