Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

bloody amazon prime!

(17 Posts)
LEMmingaround Tue 02-Sep-14 09:45:26

I am in the dog house!

Ordered dd's birthday presents from amazon and took the amazon prime trial to save on delivery

If course i forgot to cancel it and they have just taken £79 from dp's account. (He kbew id used his card)

So now they have taken the money and i guess we have no further option to cancel??

We don't order anything much from Amazon so aren't going to get our money's worth on deliveries.

i do have a kindle but its a different account so how do i register it on this account?

What else can we get from amazon prime so i don't feel ice just flushed £80 down the toilet?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 02-Sep-14 09:46:38

Contact Amazon. They have pretty great customer service and they may just refund it for you.

HonoraryOctonaut Tue 02-Sep-14 09:48:33

I've done this before and called amazon to explain, they cancelled it and refunded me, they will tell you that they are making a special exception just for you but they do that with everything I think. Amazons customer service is usually really good.

HygieneFreak Tue 02-Sep-14 09:49:00

If you havent used the prime at all since you paid for it then they will refund.

Amazon prime comes with unlimited movies or something like that, but i ve never looked into it even though i have the prime

icklekid Tue 02-Sep-14 09:49:46

You can get films - taken over love film - obviously if you have net flix this isn't much use but otherwise makes it worth it!

Germgirl Tue 02-Sep-14 09:51:28

My dad did just this. He phoned Amazon & explained & they refunded him. They are pretty good like that.

Jacksonville14 Tue 02-Sep-14 09:51:36

My daughter forgot to cancel and they took the money - she contacted them and they refunded in full.

LEMmingaround Tue 02-Sep-14 09:52:16

We couldn't get the film thing to work so am going to try and get a refund. Wish me luck guys

RahRahRasputin Tue 02-Sep-14 09:52:21

You get free online TV/films as they've taken over Lovefilm so the Lovefilm Instant part is included in Amazon Prime.

If you won't get any benefit from it then you could try and get them to cancel and refund. Good luck smile

KittenOverlord Tue 02-Sep-14 09:53:32

The film service is nowhere near as good as Netflix, we used to use it but rarely found anything of interest.

I'm sure they'll cancel it for you.

FrootLoopy Tue 02-Sep-14 10:15:06

Tell them you can't use the film option because you're download speed is too slow or something.

It's why we can't use it, and cancelled during our trial period.

LEMmingaround Tue 02-Sep-14 10:16:41

They cancelled it gringrin thanks for that! We really couldn't afford to spend £80 on nothing. Who can? Thankyou

Cherrypippin Tue 02-Sep-14 10:17:20

If you go online to your account you will find an option to cancel as long as you haven't used it since the payment was taken. I did this a few weeks ago and was refunded the next day.

MirandaWest Tue 02-Sep-14 10:18:38

I think as long as you haven't used the prime service after you were billed for the full amount they will provably refund you.

We cancel and refund it all the time. It's probably in the top 3 reasons we get calls. Customer service will refund you no bother!

FrootLoopy Tue 02-Sep-14 10:37:51

Brilliant!

LEMmingaround Tue 02-Sep-14 11:10:18

Should change thread title to lovely helpful amazon prime.although could barely understand the poor lady i spoke to she was so lovely and patient

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now