Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Things that little girls like

(29 Posts)
rockybalboa Mon 01-Sep-14 20:48:07

Evening all

I am making some things for a pre-school craft fair. These include keyrings, badges, hair clips, earrings etc all with little motifs on. As I am the proud owner of three DS I am pretty au fait with things that small boys like. Small girls, not so much. I know that someone out there is going to tell me that superheroes, Minecraft, Star Wars etc are not solely reserved for boys but I do need to add some nice stereotypical girly things to my range. Thus far I have identified the following random ideas: characters from Frozen (mainly Elsa), hearts, cupcakes, birds, flowers, Hello Kitty, My Little Pony, other assorted Disney princesses (are any more popular than others?), rainbows and assorted woodland animals. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing which your 3-6 year old girl is keen on?

Thanks!

lizandlulu Mon 01-Sep-14 20:54:57

Mermaids and dolphins usually go down quite well, fairys, toadstools as well, have fun!

lizandlulu Mon 01-Sep-14 20:55:23

Ladybirds

PetiteBateau Mon 01-Sep-14 20:59:08

Unicorns

NerfHerder Mon 01-Sep-14 21:04:06

At 3-6 DD would have killed for Star Wars Hair Clips!
Probably still would tbh.

Rainbows or moshis, mainly.
And not pink- yellow, green, orange.

MooseyMoo Mon 01-Sep-14 21:05:56

Fairies, horses, owls, dinosaurs,

Disney Princess: Belle, Ariel, Cinderella are the favourites here.

PamShoo Mon 01-Sep-14 21:11:19

Moshi Monsters
Doc McStuffins
smile

notadoctor Mon 01-Sep-14 21:11:35

My almost 3yo is fairly fairy mad, she also loves pirates - especially girl pirates, mermaids, dragon's, gnomes.

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-14 21:16:49

My four yr old likes Care Bears, Moshi Monsters and anything that sparkles smile

Rhubarbgarden Mon 01-Sep-14 21:20:00

My four year old is into dinosaurs, pirates, animals, flowers, monsters, robots.

Brices Mon 01-Sep-14 21:22:35

Pirates every time

Rhubarbgarden Mon 01-Sep-14 21:23:03

Oh and octonauts. Actually, every four year old I know is obsessed with octonauts at the moment.

Flywheel Mon 01-Sep-14 21:25:03

Definitely unicorns.

EduCated Mon 01-Sep-14 21:32:44

Actually, I'd be tempted by some Minecraft hair clips!

Seriously though, there's a big gap in the market for non-stereotypical accessories. Every other shop sells Disney Princess clips, but non-extortionate, non-Etsy Star Wars etc are like gold dust.

NoMoreHappyMrsChicken Mon 01-Sep-14 21:49:02

Peppa Pig, although Minnie Mouse/Daisy Duck are threatening the prime role!

Rainbows and anything sparkly.

DD1 is nearly 4.

mewkins Mon 01-Sep-14 21:52:38

Animals- cats, dogs, rabbits, frogs, fish (nemo type things expecially), turtles, seahorses, dolphins etc as well as butterflies and ladybirds

ihaveadirtydog Mon 01-Sep-14 21:58:55

Mine loves everything on your list-especially elsa, hearts and rainbows.
Wrt princesses I think rapunzel, Ariel and Sofia are popular at the moment.
My little pony seems to be growing in popularity.
A lot of the girls in her class like minions and Moshi monsters and a couple are into batman but I have been 'blessed' with a stereotypical 'girly girl'-she doesn't get it from me!

rockybalboa Mon 01-Sep-14 22:34:38

Thank you, lots of helpful ideas!

rockybalboa Mon 01-Sep-14 22:36:26

PS I've never heard of Princess Sofia! Off to Google to educate myself. Googling My Little Pony has been interesting, seems they have more of an appeal than just little girls shock They don't look like they did when I was little either!

NorksEnormous Mon 01-Sep-14 22:36:44

Definately peppa, doc mcstuffins and sofia the first. Dd also LOVES ben&holly. Olaf is her favourite frozen character, she wants a snowman costume! grin

wellthatsdoneit Mon 01-Sep-14 22:41:16

Frozen.
Frozen.
And also, Frozen.

SaucyJack Mon 01-Sep-14 22:44:23

My two (and most of their friends) are both obsessed with Monster High- but it's more of a school aged toy than a pre-school thing.

erin99 Mon 01-Sep-14 22:44:57

You've got Frozen. Sorted.

Also you could put the motifs on ribbon to make bracelets or necklaces.

Matildasmam22 Mon 01-Sep-14 22:48:54

Peppa, Ben and holly and jake and the never land pirates. I hear the theme tunes in my sleep

gingee Tue 02-Sep-14 01:39:59

Mine likes unicorns, my little pony, cats, small fluffy dogs, ballerinas, Mike The Knight, Bubble Guppies, picnics (I don't know how you represent this on a badge/hair clip haha), Frozen, squirrels, dancing, cakes and baking, and Clash of Clans

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now