Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I feel kind of sad I've not been nominated yet...

(28 Posts)
MyGastIsFlabbered Mon 01-Sep-14 20:42:19

I don't want to do the ice bucket challenge but I feel sad that none of my friends has thought about nominating me. I've not been particularly vocal about it so they're not not nominating me because they know I don't want to do it.

I'm having a massive self esteem crisis at the moment, so I know I'm being over sensitive, but I'm still sad.

Please (gently) tell me I'm being ridiculous.

hiddenhome Mon 01-Sep-14 20:45:47

I don't think that your self esteem should rest on what others do or don't do.

CMOTDibbler Mon 01-Sep-14 20:48:16

No ones nominated me or dh either, but I think that it is probably down to us being the sort who like to get on and donate to charity quietly rather than through the medium of FB - which we both use.

Really, don't worry about it

Zippidydoodah Mon 01-Sep-14 20:50:00

Me neither but I'm pretty pleased about it tbh. Wouldn't do it. Didn't do the bare faced selfie either.

MirandaWest Mon 01-Sep-14 20:50:03

I understand what you're saying - no one has nominated me (and no one nominated me fir the no makeup selfies) but whilst I don't want to do it, part of me feels a little irked that no one has nominated me iyswim blush

Zippidydoodah Mon 01-Sep-14 20:51:41

Ah I got a bare faced selfie nomination but still didn't do it.....

mignonette Mon 01-Sep-14 20:53:08

Don't. People don't nominate me because they know I take a dim view of this kind of exhibitionism. I donate quietly to various charities and work for them too as a volunteer (like so many people) and don't need to let the world know.

This ice bucket is cringey and the list of also rans doing it grows ever longer. This particular fad has flown...

There are also considerate folks who think about the kind of person their friend is and don't put pressure on them to do something that would be out of character too. I know that I wouldn't nominate a person who I knew to be financially struggling for example and nor would my friends.

I'm sure you are a lovely person and it is nothing personal.

No ones nominated me. I'm not arsed but it does remind me of being last to be picked for sports. I was bloody good at rounders too!

MyGastIsFlabbered Mon 01-Sep-14 20:54:01

I didn't get nominated for the bare faced selfie, but I assumed it's because I don't wear a lot of make up so most of my pictures are bare faced.

I know my self esteem shouldn't rely on what other people do but at the moment, in my head, it implies that I just don't register enough with anyone to be nominated.

fackinell Mon 01-Sep-14 20:54:14

I did the selfie and the ice bucket challenge. My friends are bastards, can we swap? grin

Redcoats Mon 01-Sep-14 20:54:36

Me neither and I feel the same way. Do my friends think I'm a bit of a boring stick in the mud who wouldn't do it or have they just forgotten bout me.

magicalmrmistofelees Mon 01-Sep-14 20:56:28

I felt like this for a split second too, then realised I was being pretty ridiculous smile. Realistically I know that my friends know I'm not the sort of person who takes kindly to being forced into doing ridiculous things in the name of charity, and that I both give to charity and volunteer my time quietly on a regular basis!

HemlockStarglimmer Mon 01-Sep-14 21:00:34

I'm beyond relieved that no one has nominated me.

ColdTeaAgain Mon 01-Sep-14 21:03:52

Neither me or DP have been nominated but then none of our closest friends or family have done it thank god!

TheFantasticMrsFox Mon 01-Sep-14 21:04:25

Both DH and I must linger about 3/4 of the way down the popularity list of all our FB friends as neither of us have been nominated <high fives all other non-nominees>
DS was nominated and at 10 was itching to take part <fool> I can't say I'm hugely bothered either way as I didn't donate on DS's behalf- we donate to charities we support normally and I can't see why I should pay for the privilege of dousing my only child in ice cold water <shrug>

Changebagsandgladrags Mon 01-Sep-14 21:25:08

Hey, none of my family have nominated me, not even my own son FFS!

WineWineWine Mon 01-Sep-14 21:38:25

I was very careful when choosing my 3 people to nominate, that I was pretty sure they would all be up for it. There was a long list of people who I would never have considered nominating.

To be honest, the nastiest comments I have seen on many discussions about this, have come from people who disapprove of this, towards people who have taken part.
Take part, don't take part, but don't give other people shit for their choices.

Nydj Mon 01-Sep-14 21:41:30

I am hereby nominating you, OP. Go do the challenge now for any or no charity of your choice!

wtffgs Mon 01-Sep-14 21:41:43

Me neither!

Meh (insert "not bovvered" emoticon)

Bunbaker Mon 01-Sep-14 21:43:46

I haven't either, but none of my friends have been nominated either. I think it is mostly teenagers.

Bunbaker Mon 01-Sep-14 21:44:27

I wonder how many people have actually bothered to donate to charity.

PortofinoRevisited Mon 01-Sep-14 21:44:39

Noons nominated me, and wouldn't do it if I was. They possibly know this. Give some money to charity or not according to your want and fret not. It is all just silly.

pippahooper Mon 01-Sep-14 21:45:01

My brother and my best friend got nominated last week and they still have not done them. Am pleased because I'm sure one if not both of them would have nominated me. I watch the ones from the last few days it seems as like an old fad already. The craze was over the bank holiday weekend X

SaltySeaBird Mon 01-Sep-14 22:23:10

Nobody has nominated me either and I know a bit how you feel. All my friends have been doing it.

Nusalembongan Mon 01-Sep-14 22:25:01

I've not been either. Don't think it's mostly teenagers I have to say as most of my friends are in their 40's and all doing it!

I too wasn't sure whether to be a bit sad or relieved and definitely agree that that particular ship has sailed - they are just bloody annoying now and so old hat. Great to have raised all that money for charity though.

I wasn't nominated for the barefaced selfies either but I loathe selfies so imagine that is why no-one nominated me then.

I'm close enough to a number of friends that I will ask why they left me out though!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now