Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What have your dc said or done recently that has made you really laugh?

(66 Posts)
dontevenblink Sun 31-Aug-14 00:23:06

Just sitting with ds1 (4) and ds2(2) and they were talking to my bump (i'm 38+6 weeks pregnant) and I said "the baby is going to come out this week, its very big now". Ds1 looks carefully at my bump, then says "hang on mummy", disappears into his room and comes back out with his toy circular saw and says "i'll get it out now for you mummy!" grin

I'm booked in for a c-section on Wednesday, i hope that isn't the done way now shock grin

So what things have your dc done/said recently that have made you laugh? I'm starting to feel very nervous about the imminent birth so could do with the distractions!

dontevenblink Mon 01-Sep-14 17:39:15

Just me then? grin

Orangeisthenewbanana Mon 01-Sep-14 17:47:50

We have a cupboard in the kitchen with small tins and unbreakables etc for 18 month old DD to take out and leave all over the house play with. The other week we found one of DH's emergency pot noodles (blush) in her nursery bag! Obviously she doesn't feel they're feeding her enough!

fruitmedley Mon 01-Sep-14 17:53:58

We were out the other day and saw a car with the registration number KEIITH 123. DS1 9yo said 'why is he named after a pie?'. Took me a minute to realise he was thinking of a quiche.

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Mon 01-Sep-14 17:54:04

Ds is 4 and still gets things wrong grammatically sometimes like all small children - saying "buyed" instead of "bought" that kind of thing.

However I noticed recently that as he knows "clothes" is plural, but he didn't have a word for one item of clothing, he decided to call it a "clo" (to rhyme with glow).

It made me laugh but it also impressed me that he has noticed the pattern we use to something plural and reversed it.

I think a "clo" should become a real word.

"I like putting my ear against the back of your head when you eat crisps" dd(10)

"I like xxx a bit more now but I still have trouble with his nose"
"How come" I ask
"It looks like a rodents" ds (9)

Ds (5) whilst undressing
"I have removed the sock of destiny"

Susiesue61 Mon 01-Sep-14 18:05:11

DH was in a strop watching football last week, and Ds2 (9) said, Dad, turn that frown upside down. It was the singsong way he said it, even DH raised a smile

KittenOverlord Mon 01-Sep-14 18:08:14

Ds1 went through a phase of calling me "Supreme Goddess Mum of Everything" which was pretty cool!

Ds2 told us off earlier for putting the music on in the car - "NO mummy daddy, music OFF....peese." We ignored him and he got over it pretty fast. The next thing he said was "music tars (music with guitars) peese? Ine Man peese?" Black Sabbath's Iron Man is his current favourite.

Purpleflamingos Mon 01-Sep-14 18:08:30

Dd fell asleep stood up a few minutes ago. That was funny. I've been trying to keep her awake since half past four.
Ds just makes me smile, he's lovely.
Oh, and to hear them giggling together.

iliketea Mon 01-Sep-14 18:10:46

That made me smile Porqoui - my 4yo dd says 1 clothe as the singular and "clothies" as the plural, makes me smile every time.

FarelyKnuts Mon 01-Sep-14 18:18:30

My just turned 5yo DD was colouring in the other day and turns to me and says "mama my hand is a-zhausted" with a little shake of her head. Made me smile

mineofuselessinformation Mon 01-Sep-14 18:22:12

Oldest dc (late teens) 'Mum, your kitchen is a mess!'
Yes, it was a bit at the time (I'd been very busy decorating), but wondered if she'd looked at her bedroom floor or in her wardrobe recently......grin

youbethemummylion Mon 01-Sep-14 18:24:00

My 7 year old has recently taken to calling the dog over getting her to lay on a blanket for a bit then shooing her off and wapping himself in the blanket. When I asked what he was doing he said he was making "blankets with added Ellie warm" it did make me chuckle

whitebits Mon 01-Sep-14 19:01:38

DS (6) speaking to the young woman at the ice cream counter recently "I'd like some raspberry nipple please..." He has such an innocent wee face and she didn't know where to look. Makes DH chuckle.

TwoInTheMourning Mon 01-Sep-14 19:04:28

My DD (6yo) made a coffin for a crab AND wrote its will

Whatisaweekend Mon 01-Sep-14 19:04:53

The sock of destiny grin

Flumpf Mon 01-Sep-14 19:09:54

ds6 said to me in the car: "Mummy, I bet you wouldn't want to suck on this!!" I turned to look at him, and he said "An extra strong mint!" It made me laugh any way.

deakymom Mon 01-Sep-14 19:22:36

when learning the names of the cars my son came up with skooberoo (subaru) and volksDRAGON now all volkswagens are called volksdragons grin

CalamityKate1 Mon 01-Sep-14 19:28:02

DS1 has Aspergers and can have quite a grave, even pompous way of speaking sometimes but for a while, every request - from taking his plate into the kitchen, to making me a cuppa - was met with a small sigh and a solemn "As you wish, my queen".

I quite liked it.

Dogsmom Mon 01-Sep-14 19:53:13

My 17 month dd was toddling around brushing her teeth this morning, she lifted the loo seat, dropped her toothbrush in the looked at me, raised her hands and said 'toot brush gone' as if it was a huge suprise.

Valiant1 Mon 01-Sep-14 19:55:15

my ds1 used to ask for parsleyarselips on toast. turns out it was ravioli grin

Snatchoo Mon 01-Sep-14 19:59:16

My twins are speech delayed so say funny things all the time!

Recent one is when they are talking about 'each udder' (each other for those not in the know). This evolves into talking about their chudders grin when chatting about school pals.

TheGirlAtTheRockShow Mon 01-Sep-14 20:02:37

DD is only 9 weeks old, but am totally going to suggest the "Supreme Goddess Mum of Everything"

dontevenblink Mon 01-Sep-14 20:12:04

Loving these grin Keep them coming!

MaureenMLove Mon 01-Sep-14 20:12:36

Not sure this made me laugh and laugh, more of a sigh of 'god she's so daft' really.

DD is at work. She's on her break, so she's nipped outside for some fresh air and phoned me. Whilst on the phone chatting, I can hear her rustling about, so I asked her what she was doing. She told me she was having a panic, because she couldn't find her phone in her bag.....

I suggested she looked in the hand that was up near her ear! grin I despair sometimes, really I do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now