Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

When you see a huge chin hair on someone, do you say?

(53 Posts)
smellyfishead Thu 28-Aug-14 22:28:40

just curious, im one who loves plucking and am horrified when I find a rogue hair on my chin, particularly if its very long I realise people must of seen it but not said anything!! speaking to a friend today the light was just at the right angle to show a freaking massive chin hair, literally it was about 1" long!! I had to hold my urge to lean forward and pull it outblush this is friend who's well dressed and often made-up, would you mention it?

Psypher Thu 28-Aug-14 22:29:46

No. No I would not. People'schin hair is their own business.

Psypher Thu 28-Aug-14 22:30:03

*people's chin

BikeRunSki Thu 28-Aug-14 22:30:41

No, of course not

SunshineOutdoors Thu 28-Aug-14 22:31:50

No I would never do that. However, I rely on dh telling me when my one rogue chin hair has reappeared, although he is the only person I would appreciate commenting on it.

Hassled Thu 28-Aug-14 22:31:54

If you were my friend, I would love you for mentioning it. Depends on the level of friendship, I suppose - but I'd just be grateful.

mummybare Thu 28-Aug-14 22:32:08

No! I would be mortified if someone mentioned a hair on my chin so I won't be bringing up anyone else's either.

PisforPeter Thu 28-Aug-14 22:33:54

Definitely not, I would be mortified too

RainyLion Thu 28-Aug-14 22:34:01

Has anyone else just checked their chin for a rouge hair now?! Wasn't me - phew! grin

RainyLion Thu 28-Aug-14 22:35:39

Rogue not rouge! shock

GiniCooper Thu 28-Aug-14 22:35:42

No.

FacebookWillEatItself Thu 28-Aug-14 22:38:58

I would say 'you must be Chinese/Indonesian/Malyasian.'

They seem to have a thing for producing extra long, individual chin hairs. Often they sprout singularly, and from moles. They seem to delight in cultivating them and growing them as long as possible.

I have to resist the urge to reach across and pull them out. They make me feel queasy.

SisterNancySinatra Thu 28-Aug-14 22:43:52

If your friend is well dressed and made up then she will notice the inch long hair before too long. Anyway, a hair , chin hair or otherwise is not so dreadful really .

Only1scoop Thu 28-Aug-14 22:47:21

My best friend and I have a pact to 'never let each other become hairy' of the facial regions....

If it was just a friend I'd want to say something but couldn't possibly....confused

FacebookWillEatItself Thu 28-Aug-14 23:06:37

I agree with Sister. These things cannot just materialise and be really long without you noticing, unless you are generally very scruffy laid back and a bit slack with personal grooming and appearance.

PIVOT Thu 28-Aug-14 23:09:22

They grow overnight. I swear. I check all the time! And still it's DH that spots it.

FacebookWillEatItself Thu 28-Aug-14 23:15:26

Not to an inch or more. Come on!

LEMmingaround Thu 28-Aug-14 23:22:58

I have a real problem with facial hair. I can't afford to have it lasered or whatever. Its nice to know that i am an object of mirth or make people queesy hmmsad

No, I wouldn't but I wish people would tell me confused

I have one v thin hair on my frigging neck that I only ever find when it's about 1in long - and I do check. I agree with PIVOT, they must grow an inch over night - 'tis the only explanation.

atticusclaw Thu 28-Aug-14 23:29:33

No! Don't you dare say anything. How awful for the person being told.

I have just had laser treatment for my beard which sprouted when I was 37 and was pretty bad. I plucked every hair out every day. Its gone now and it's the best money I've ever spent.

However it is true that long hairs appear overnight. I wear full make up every day and so spend a fair amount of time looking at my face. I have one weird hair. It's completely blonde and appears maybe once a year in exactly the same spot on the side of my nose. One day there will be nothing there, the next it will be there and half an inch long. I swear it really does just appear overnight.

FacebookWillEatItself Thu 28-Aug-14 23:29:42

Well most men shave very single day without needing to do a sad face over it. You could shave? Like men do? Thread? Wax? Pluck? there is no reason to leave one stray hair to get really long, which is what this thread is about.

Or you could just doggedly refuse to bow to convention and leave it au naturale and accept that if you get the odd one that is really long and noticeable it will make some people a bit queasy. confused

trixymalixy Thu 28-Aug-14 23:31:09

My chin hairs are like the weeping angels from Dr Who. Blink and they suddenly appear 1 inch long. There doesn't seem to be a growing in between phase.

I wouldn't thank you for pointing them out.

OhMyActualDays Thu 28-Aug-14 23:31:25

Nope, they definitely appear overnight, I am very vigilant! If it was a best friend I would say, otherwise not. It's like when you have spinach in your teeth!

Mrsjayy Thu 28-Aug-14 23:34:07

Good god no never I am 100% sure women know they have hair on their chin

sweetnessandlite Thu 28-Aug-14 23:34:32

I would want (and appreciate) a friend tellingvme if I had an ugly rogue hair on my face!
Same as I would expect to be told if I had toilet paper stuck to my shoe, or dress accidentally tucked into underwear at the back.

I would see it as doing them a favour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now