Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What is the strangest thing you have said to someone else?

(18 Posts)
MammaTJ Thu 28-Aug-14 18:56:10

Not a thread about a thread, but certainly a thread inspired by another. I will credit murphys with the inspiration and here is the link to is the strangest thing someone has said to you ink{http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2170116-The-strangest-thing-that-someone-has-said-to-you\www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2170116-The-strangest-thing-that-someone-has-said-to-yo]]u}

Mine is 'Why have I got a zebra with a fringe as my midwife?' clearly inspired by wonderful gas and air.

We are an odd lot on MN, so I am expecting good ones here. grin

MammaTJ Thu 28-Aug-14 19:54:05

Ha ha, so none of you are able to admit to saying odd things.

Come on, think back, there must be something.

I have plently

wibblyjelly Thu 28-Aug-14 21:29:21

I had to say to 2 year old ds tonight ' Stop licking the wall!'

My grandma, whilst high as a kite on morphine in hospital turned to my mum and said 'Jane, remind me to show you how to roast a wazzock.' She also used to think the hospital staff were major slebs and would get all star struck when they walked in, cooing over them 'oh i just LOVED you on [insert tv show]' was very funny.

'Wazzock' has become an accepted term in our household for anything that is being roasted. God bless my granny, RIP.

NamesNick Thu 28-Aug-14 22:22:55

during most recent battle of wills with dd 4yrs. I said to her 'stop acting like a child' she replied 'I am a child'

also in my younger days I tried to impress my friends big brother and his mates by smoking some of the weed they passed round. I was wasted, hearing things and being just generally odd...out of the blue I turned round to this guy who I happened to fancy and said 'windowledge' hmm

he was like 'eh?' thought I was a weirdo and sidestepped away from me.

I dont know why I said it. blush

deakymom Thu 28-Aug-14 23:13:04

he didn't get to eat his pork pie? i said this to my mother when she informed me of the circumstances of my uncles death this might sound cold to people but he loved pork pie (really no exaggeration) and his death was just so fast he had been working with his friend and they went in the house his friend said want some pork pie? oh yes please friend went out of room came back in and my uncle was gone that fast no illness no lingering just gone! it was a shock for all of us (especially my aunt obviously) but my reaction has gone down in family history as the funniest grin

DeWee Thu 28-Aug-14 23:20:50

Probably "where did you last have your arm?" to dd2.

Dd2 had left her prosthesis somewhere.

306235388 Thu 28-Aug-14 23:25:45

When doing a receiving line at my wedding I repeated back what every guest said to me eg 'congratulations 306 you look amazing' 'yes you too congratulations you look amazing' I died a little inside every fucking time but just couldn't stop myself.

306235388 Thu 28-Aug-14 23:28:47

Oh and child related ones...

'Youre 7 years old stop acting like a child'

'Stop licking him!'

'We don't touch animals bums'

Oh and I sleep talk too ...

MaureenMLove Thu 28-Aug-14 23:41:28

'You know I can't look at your penis, regardless of whether you mind or not, don't you?'

Not sure I should share why I had to say this, but the 16 year old boy involved understood, I didn't look and it was all above board! grin

thesebootsweremadeforretail Thu 28-Aug-14 23:57:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

murmuration Fri 29-Aug-14 00:06:37

"What genes did you put on the beef?" I said this to DH half-asleep when he came to bed one night. I have no idea what I meant, but I repeated it several times with increasing urgency as he kept not answering, until I realised what I was saying made no sense and must have been part of a dream.

ladyblablah Fri 29-Aug-14 00:15:05

When dealing with a lovely friendly lady in the gym who took time to learn my name....when she said my name I said " ooooooo you say that just like Siri does and I love Siri"

WTAF

grumpasaur Fri 29-Aug-14 00:22:43

Aww I have had some whoppers, but sadly can't remember many. Most have happened whilst drunk / half asleep / both. Or at work, and then I am bound by the annoying limitations of patient confidentiality.

purpleapples Fri 29-Aug-14 11:17:16

<snort> at "we don't touch animal bums" grin

My friend has 2 DSs. I'm a very good friend and go over their house often. I know the family very well and know the boys well. Babysat ample times etc.

Saw them last week, greeted the boys with "Hi girls!"

WTF?! Why did I even say that?! No idea where or why. It just fell out of my mouth. I'm a twat.

AdamantEve Fri 29-Aug-14 11:26:01

I had to go to an out of hours GP with a urine infection as a student. The receptionist asked where the "discomfort" was. It wasn't exactly my urethra nor my vagina and I didn't know the word for vulva at the time so after a bit of struggling to think of the correct term, I blurted out "my undercarriage" much to the mirth of the receptionist! In my defence I had been reading quite a bit of Catherine Cookson at the time and think that phrase may have been used once or twice! I still cringe now over a decade later when I remember it...

Nocturne123 Fri 29-Aug-14 12:20:34

Adamanteve that made me burst out laughing

Conkernudge Fri 29-Aug-14 12:35:42

I fancied a boy when I was about 14 and had got loads of info about him from a mutual friend. She told me all about him, including the fact he loved his cat, Mickey.
We hadn't really talked before so I decided to bite the bullet and go and chat to him.

Me: "Hi"
Him: "Hi"
Long pause…
Me: "how's Mickey"
Him: "Who's Mickey?"
Me, dying inside: "Your cat"
He looked at me like I was a psycho stalker and walked off. As you would.

23 years on I still cringe when I think of that moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now