Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Yuck implant bruise is horrible (warning gross picture)

(22 Posts)
LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 15:50:20

So have had the implant today and have just checked to see how bruised it is and look at the state of my arm. Is this normal??? It will be worse by tomorrow isn't it, I'm going out on Saturday night and was going to wear a dress!

Mine bruised almost identically when I had my implant done. It's perfectly normal and will fade over the next couple of days. All you need to do is make sure the implant entrance point is kept clean. I had two bruises from having one implant out and another one in. I looked like a wrestler or something with both arms bandaged!

Laurel1979 Thu 28-Aug-14 15:53:45

Unfortunately bruising is normal, I insert a lot of implants and advising patients on bruising is part of our written consent procedure. You should have been advised though not to remove the dressing for 2 days, in our surgery we use steri strips (paper stitches), a premier pore dressing and a fairly tight bandage.

LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 16:00:45

Yes was warned about bruising but am surprised at just how much. It seemed to be coming out of the edge of the bandage so thought I should check it. She said as it had stopped bleeding I didn't need the strips. Also that I could change it to a plaster tomorrow?

As long as this is normal I'm happy, not sure what to do on Saturday though confused

ophiotaurus Thu 28-Aug-14 16:02:58

Mine did the same. It was sore for 3-4 days but I don't feel it at all once it had settled down.

ophiotaurus Thu 28-Aug-14 16:03:58

Could you wear a cardigan/shrug type thing?

LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 16:13:16

Not really it's a pencil dress similar to this except different colour.

DealForTheKids Thu 28-Aug-14 16:14:21

I hate to be the voice of doom bu the attached is what happened to mine on removal...

It's worth it though, they're awesome smile

Yours looks normal to me <disclaimer: not a nurse, just an implantee!>

DealForTheKids Thu 28-Aug-14 16:14:36

I hate to be the voice of doom bu the attached is what happened to mine on removal...

It's worth it though, they're awesome smile

Yours looks normal to me <disclaimer: not a nurse, just an implantee!>

DealForTheKids Thu 28-Aug-14 16:15:35

Sorry for double post of that monstrosity!

LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 16:59:36

Ouch!

Hopefully I will have forgotten in 3 years smile

ScrambledeggLDCcakeBOAK Thu 28-Aug-14 17:13:09

Mine always bruise a bit

My friends bruised in the shape of a very angry looking penis :-)

Littlef00t Thu 28-Aug-14 17:30:28

I put a normal allege plaster over the bruising for a few days until it looked presentable.

MrsPnut Thu 28-Aug-14 17:44:52

Mine too bruised horribly from armpit to elbow but I can often be found sporting huge bruises with no idea of how I got them.

LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 17:46:02

Thanks all, yes foot think a plaster might be the way forward. Especially for work.

iklboo Thu 28-Aug-14 17:54:04

I was allergic to the steristrips they used. It MELTED (best way to describe oozy mess) a small patch on my arm about 1cm square. I didn't bruise much though. hmm

Possiblestudentteacher Thu 28-Aug-14 17:58:35

Oooh I was allergic to the steristrips too and yes to the melting of the arm, from the way they were placed I now have an almost complete union jack shaped scar hmm It was quite funny how suprised the doctor was though...apparently it's quite rare grin

iklboo Thu 28-Aug-14 20:50:15

<fistbumps possible> sisters in (melted) arms.

LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 21:01:10

Yuck

She was a little unsure as the cleaning wipe made my arm red straight away bit think that was more to do with ad.

LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Fri 29-Aug-14 22:06:40

Today's update

AlpacaPicnic Fri 29-Aug-14 22:14:31

Blimey! That's impressive!
Don't try or hide it or cover it up... Just tell everyone you fought off a bunch of muggers...

LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Sat 30-Aug-14 06:28:51

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now