Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Feel pissed off that Dh has taken the day off...

(29 Posts)
LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 03:36:09

So I have a very rare day off tomorrow, the kids are back at school so I have all day (well till 3pm) to myself, or so I thought. Dh announced earlier he has taken the day off also. I was looking forward to a day on my own.

I am quite annoyed that's not good is it?

LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 14:15:31

Thanks all.

I got him to drive me and the kids to take them this morning. I didn't sleep last night so didn't feel safe driving.

The main thing I wanted to do today was go and the the contraceptive implant. The clinic is over half an hour away so made him drive me there too. Do we've been out for a while and we have just finished lunch that we picked up on the way back.

Probably the nicest time we've spent together (apart from getting lost).

BuggersMuddle Thu 28-Aug-14 15:02:44

I wouldn't say the reaction was awful in and of itself. I get different public holidays from DP and sometimes we take the together, sometimes we don't. Sometimes I tell him I am not expecting him to use leave to take the day as I am planning to do X, Y and Z. I do this as in the past I've planned a day only to be told 'I managed to get the day off too and I thought we could use it to paint / decorate / garden'.

That said, from your other posts it sounds as though there's more to this?

Viviennemary Thu 28-Aug-14 15:04:48

I totally sympathise. But I agree with doing something nice like going out for lunch.

LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 21:39:49

We are in a major rocky patch at the moment that I am struggling to see a way out of. Again that might be the ad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now