Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Feel pissed off that Dh has taken the day off...

(29 Posts)
LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 03:36:09

So I have a very rare day off tomorrow, the kids are back at school so I have all day (well till 3pm) to myself, or so I thought. Dh announced earlier he has taken the day off also. I was looking forward to a day on my own.

I am quite annoyed that's not good is it?

Frogisatwat Thu 28-Aug-14 04:02:30

Has he done this so you can do something nice together?

lazydog Thu 28-Aug-14 04:07:36

Doesn't sound good, really. Not the reaction I'd have to unexpectedly finding out that dh and I were going to get some alone time, that's for sure grin

Glastokitty Thu 28-Aug-14 04:13:11

I hear you. I love spending time with my husband and son, but occasionally (like three times a year) I book a day off just for me, and would be most miffed if it was gate-crashed. Last time I went to a lovely shopping market and spend a very happy afternoon poking around all the stalls selling lovely things. When I go with family they sigh and rush ahead and I don't get to just potter! I enjoy time with them the rest of the time, but now and again a day to yourself is bliss.

LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 04:15:06

No not so we can do something together, I fact he was quite pissed off when he realized I won't have any kids with me.

We've already had a week and a half with each other.

I was just really looking forward to a bit of time totally on my own

LoveBeingAwakeInTheNight Thu 28-Aug-14 04:16:29

Thank you glasto, if I'm totally honest I am struggling to see a future for us ATM

joanofarchitrave Thu 28-Aug-14 04:36:45

Tbh i would feel exactly the same and i think dh and i are fine. Married not dead is my motto. There is no one on earth i could spend a week with and not want time on my own.

Dropdeadfred2 Thu 28-Aug-14 08:10:11

what do you mean he was pissed off you wouldn't have the kids?? if I were you I would go out all day

winkywinkola Thu 28-Aug-14 08:12:33

What were you planning on doing? Just being alone at home?

See I get so little time to myself. Yanbu definitely.

winkywinkola Thu 28-Aug-14 08:14:01

What were you planning on doing? Just being alone at home?

See I get so little time to myself. Yanbu definitely.

FreeLikeABird Thu 28-Aug-14 08:14:44

Can't say I would feel like this, although saying that a few hours alone would be lovely smile

Is in insecure op? Is it because you usually have a child with you and because you haven't he has decided to book the day off to "watch" you, or am I barking up the wrong tree!

onedogatoddlerandababy Thu 28-Aug-14 08:21:43

yanbu. I yearn for a bit of piece and quiet without dp, dd's and ddog.

Just some lovely quiet headspace for me! It'll be a while yet!!

leadrightfoot Thu 28-Aug-14 08:24:19

So he has booked a day off thinking he will be alone
You have the same opportunity
Do both of you want to be in the house alone?
Just go out carry on with your day nothing needs to change

DurhamDurham Thu 28-Aug-14 08:27:34

I can really understand your disappointment, I love time to myself.

I would just carry on as you were going to. Can you pop to a local cafe and treat yourself to a coffee and cake in peace and quiet?

Or you could both do your own thing but meet for lunch?

Or if you wanted to be a bit mean you could give him lots of odd jobs and tasks to keep him busy all day smile

christinarossetti Thu 28-Aug-14 08:27:49

Why is he pissed off that you won't have children with you?

Yanbu, BTW. There's nothing wrong with a quiet bit of headspace if
that's what you planned.

Although, if your dh also wants/needs, couldn't you both have that separately but together iyswim?

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Thu 28-Aug-14 08:29:22

I would react the same way, no problems with dh I just like to have my own space from time to time.

Mostlyjustaluker Thu 28-Aug-14 08:31:46

Your husband does not know when his kids are at school?

wohmum Thu 28-Aug-14 08:33:57

I would feel exactly the same - sometimes it lovely just to have a day to your self and not have to think about anyone else.

Mrsjayy Thu 28-Aug-14 08:47:37

Oh he will be after some midmorning sexy time grint that would piss me right off all you want is a nice quiet day to yourself after the holidays oh well enjoy

Mostlyjustaluker Thu 28-Aug-14 08:50:59

Tell him you have plans all day and then make some. As he is upset the kids are off he can do the school run.

murmuration Thu 28-Aug-14 08:57:12

I'm confused - why is he annoyed about the kids? Did he want to spend the day with you and the kids?

But I'd be annoyed to, and I'd say no problems with DH and I. I'm an introvert and treasure time on my own, of which I barely get any now (there are people at work, and then when I'm home, DH and DD are there). The sudden removal of a planned alone-time would (and has) dissapointed me.

livelablove Thu 28-Aug-14 08:58:16

I dont blame you for wanting a peaceful day, esp after the summer holidays! But it sounds like your relationship with your dh may be a bit strained from what you said about the future. Maybe you need to spend a bit of time together doing something nice. Maybe go out for lunch?

livelablove Thu 28-Aug-14 08:58:17

I dont blame you for wanting a peaceful day, esp after the summer holidays! But it sounds like your relationship with your dh may be a bit strained from what you said about the future. Maybe you need to spend a bit of time together doing something nice. Maybe go out for lunch?

QOD Thu 28-Aug-14 08:59:14

Ugh I utterly hate dh being home when I am

rainbowinmyroom Thu 28-Aug-14 09:01:20

Plan to go out all day and leave after the school run.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now