Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What have you eaten today? And does it reflect your normal everyday diet?

(142 Posts)
2kidsintow Mon 25-Aug-14 22:42:28

Mine doesn't. I woke up feeling sick, had stomach ache and sickness, slept most of the day and got back up properly at 8.30pm. I ate the only thing I could face. A small bowl of ice cream (not posh or particularly scrummy, just some of the vanilla and chocolate flavour from the tub of neopolitan from Tesco). It stayed down and didn't make me feel worse. Result.

Tomorrow will be far more healthy in terms of lean meat, veg and regular meals.

citruslemon Mon 25-Aug-14 22:56:09

Today has been awful food wise. Went to sleep at 6am following a very late night out!! Woke up at 11, had some noodle broth chicken soup (homemade). Had Toast and tea as an afternoon snack. Chinese takeaway in the evening and then my nephew dropped off pizza!!! Awful awful awful. And this is little me who usually lives off salad. Back to work next Monday, will get back to eating normal then.

Ice cream is fab for making you feel better!!

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Mon 25-Aug-14 22:58:14

Today I have had:

Pancakes
Chocolate Pop Tarts
Pasta Bake with a salad
2 cups of tea
1 large bottle of Lucozade
2 glasses of cranberry juice
2 Blue WKDs

Worked a nightshift last night so my eating patterns are a bit odd. When I'm working long shifts I tend to not worry so much about what I'm eating/drinking and just get through the shift. Only do 2 nights each week so not so bad.

Tomorrow DP and I are going to the cinema (I always have chocolate pretzels in the cinema) and then we're going out for a curry.

Wednesday we've got people round for dinner so will be eating far better.

commsgirl Mon 25-Aug-14 23:03:02

Today I've eaten sushi for lunch and cheese, crackers and olives for a snack this evening and a Krispy Kreme doughnut

Normal diet includes breakfast, lots more veg and no doughnuts!

BlackeyedSusan Mon 25-Aug-14 23:05:24

breakfast fake wheatabix with oats, semi skimmed milk raisins, chopped apricots and sultanas. 2 coffees

lunch. cheese sandwhich. normally have salad, eating that now. (tomato, cucmber, half a carrot, red cabbage, yellow, red and orange peppers toasted sesame oil and balsamic vinegar dressing anchovies)

snack, plum from fils treeand out at ex's with the children so fairy cake and icecream.

tea will be a take away which is the second one I have had this year, possibly third as we had one sometime around christmas new year)

BlackeyedSusan Mon 25-Aug-14 23:05:57

we normally have tea with lots of veggies

Mintyy Mon 25-Aug-14 23:06:55

A cheddar and beetroot sandwich on wholemeal at 1.30pm.

A spicy bean burger, large mixed salad, coleslaw and oven chips at about 9pm.

3 mugs of tea with milk, 1 mug of coffee with milk and 1tsp sugar, glass of elderflower presse.

Yes, I'd say this is typical for me. 2 meals, no breakfast, no alcohol during the week.

MsJupiter Mon 25-Aug-14 23:07:31

I normally have porridge or wholemeal toast + fruit for breakfast but didn't have anything today.

Normally have sandwich or salad for lunch but had chicken & rice today (at a party).

Normally have fruit or crackers as a snack but had birthday cake today.

Normally have chicken veg & rice for Monday dinner and I did today.

So I had no breakfast, then chicken & rice twice with some cake in between! Not ideal...

LadySybilLikesCake Mon 25-Aug-14 23:09:22

Rice crispies and coffee
Spaghetti, broccoli and chicken
Coffee
Chicken biryani
A glass of squash

My diet's pretty much like this, often without the rice crispies but fruit instead.

I've been on a meat and veg/low carb diet for a couple of months and lost half an inch from my stomach. I'm a bit disappointed sad This is the first time I've eaten pasta.

yesiamwhoyouthinkiam Mon 25-Aug-14 23:09:49

I have radically changed my diet recently so the grapefruit and salad with ham and egg is pretty much in keeping with what I usually eat. I did have prawns in ginger and spring onion for dinner though which is not normal for me these days. Snacks were banana and orange.

RedSoloCup Mon 25-Aug-14 23:10:05

No breakfast
cheese and chutney sandwich + yogurt for lunch
lots of coffee (milk and sugar)
pack of go ahead biscuits
dinner - salmon tagliatelle with arrabiata sauce
spicy nuts and wine

this is my rough diet most days except I don't always have wine and sometimes have breakfast.

Selks Mon 25-Aug-14 23:13:29

Toast with low fat cream cheese.
Roast chicken, stuffed mushrooms, tomatoes and coleslaw. Piece of baguette.
A nectarine and a home made banana muffin.

Usually am a bit more healthy than that but meh. Had hangover and needed carbs.

BoffinMum Mon 25-Aug-14 23:13:35

Crispbread, butter and fig jam.

Scrambled egg on toast.

Berry milkshake.

Steak, baked potato and salad, then Gu chocolate cheesecake.

ODearMe Mon 25-Aug-14 23:14:06

Breakfast-banana, kiwi, blueberry, coconut milk smoothie

Lunch-shepherds pie with salad

Dinner-mackerel, salad, mussels, sweet corn.

Snacks-almonds, nakd bar, satsuma, grapes.

Am day 4 of paleo diet and feel terrific!

BoffinMum Mon 25-Aug-14 23:15:10

Bit low on fruit and veg for me, BTW. Normally I'd have double that.

Nusalembongan Mon 25-Aug-14 23:16:33

Just been on the fruit and veg thread and felt awful as everyone eating so healthily. This one looks better ha ha!

Porridge for breakfast
Tea, toast and honey as a snack
Milky way and tea as another snack
Chilli and brown rice for lunch
Cherry and raisin biscuits after lunch
Fish and chips for dinner

Just forced down an apple and orange as feel so unhealthy..

Fizzyplonk Mon 25-Aug-14 23:18:04

Bagel with jam and coffee

Beef and horseradish roll, hummus, 3 fig rolls, lemonade

Coffee

Pork medallions in creamy mushroom, shallot and tarragon sauce. New pots, green beans, corn on the cob. Lemonade

Beef roll, hummus, juice

Need to drink more!

Fizzyplonk Mon 25-Aug-14 23:20:11

Oh and fairly normal. Usually have eggs/porridge/fruit for breakfast.

FreeLikeABird Mon 25-Aug-14 23:21:12

Breakfast - coffee
Lunch - lamb roast dinner
Dinner - Doritos with dip.

Not a great day the roast was god though smile

AlleyCat11 Mon 25-Aug-14 23:25:15

Was awake most of last night with a killer headache, which finally eased off at lunchtime today. Felt ropey all the way through work.
Brown toast, butter & jam. Greek yoghurt, blackberries, hazelnuts & honey. Cup of tea, for breakfast.
Then in work, croissant, 3 oatcakes, beetroot dip, grapes, Tunnocks Tea Cake, 2 chocolate biscuits, cheesey crackers. Fizzy water, tea.
Got home & had dinner served to me. Homemade chips, 2 fried eggs, baked beans. Tea. 2 posh chocs.
Had a sniff of red wine, while watching the footie, but decided to leave it as I didn't want to set my head off again.
Not my usual fare, but the grazing kept me going in work. And the comfort dinner really cheered me up!

aubreye Mon 25-Aug-14 23:30:14

Today I've had;

A strawberry, blueberry and banana smoothie (I think a kiwi ended up in it because of DD1. I had a medium sized glass.

grilled chicken breast, lettuce, cucumber and tomato salad with a spinach juice that DS1 made but didn't what in the end.

Homemade avocado and smoked salmon sushi. Took a whole to make with two DDs (4 and 7) but got there eventually.

This matches my usual lifestyle of eating healthily and combining it with plenty of exercise to get back to 7.5 st. (Pre children weight) nearly there!

306235388 Mon 25-Aug-14 23:30:54

Apart from dinner yes mostly

Cereal bar

2 small ice pops

Baked potato with peas and cauliflower cheese ( wouldn't normally have hot lunch tbh)

Curly wurly

Chippy tea ( oops)

Small ball of ice cream

Lots of squash to drink, 1 small glass of milk and a diet irn bru.

Rubbish

Urbanvoltaire Mon 25-Aug-14 23:36:01

Cup of tea
Porridge then 2 pieces of toast and jam - late morning
Packet of square crisps and Danish pastry - this was meant to be instead of lunch but ate at 4pm
Roast chicken dinner - early eve.

Haven't cooked a roast for weeks so enjoyed it c much. grin

Normal amount of food but timings not my normal routine mainly because it's bank holiday.

19199 Mon 25-Aug-14 23:40:35

Breakfast was scrambled egg, spinach and 1/4 avocado. I had a black coffee at lunchtime, followed by celery, cacao nibs, raspberries and a few almonds throughout the afternoon. Dinner was cauliflower 'rice' cooked in spices and coconut milk with greens and roasted mushrooms and onions.
Fairly typical food choices but I normally eat some meat or fish and snack a lot less.

chinamoon Mon 25-Aug-14 23:43:07

breakfast: cornflakes and banana

lunch: a slice of rye bread with melted cheese
hulahoops
an orange

snack: 1/2 petit pain with my mum's homemade raspberry jam

dinner: chicken breast, steamed broccoli and carrots, sliced potato and onion baked in stock

another snack blush 2 slices of wholemeal and mum's jam.

tea, coffee, a glass of orange juice and a glass of rose wine

Not a usual day at all as I don't like bread much but had four slices of it today because my mum brought round some homemade raspberry jam. Damn the jam. If it hadn't been calling to me it would have been a reasonably healthy day. I'd be slim if it weren't for the snacking. I eat healthily at mealtimes but then ruin it by grazing trash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now