Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

£365 a night holiday UK and no working shower

(157 Posts)
Namechangedtodayonly Mon 25-Aug-14 08:09:51

We have been told we can't be moved but can use the swimming pool shower.

The bath has hot water but none in the shower. I have knackered my back and can't get in and out of the bath and I have a toddler with a streaming cold and asthma who if we were at home, I would be taking for long steamy showers to clear his airways.

Combined with morning sickness, rain and no working wifi in rooms as promised I am feeling a little annoyed.

Last night we were told the owner had a day off (it is a small boutique hotel) and that he would be spoken to in the morning. I want a shower!
Slightly concerned as it is bank holiday Monday that nothing is going to happen.

SecretSix Mon 25-Aug-14 08:18:45

Wow, for £365 a night I would expect perfection! It will be the end of the weekend for some people today, they may have people checking out, and you maybe could move rooms. Also might have a plumber they know who will come today.

I think a discount/ free evening meal might be in order!

Hope your trip gets better!

littlewhitebag Mon 25-Aug-14 08:19:40

If i was paying that much per night for a hotel i would expect the management to have called an emergency plumber to get the shower working properly. If they don't fix it then i would be demanding a LARGE reduction in the cost of the hotel.

We had a small roof leak in a hotel we were in recently in Manchester. They gave us 25% off the room cost for that day as we were inconvenienced and they fixed it quickly. We were very pleased with that service.

Kablooger Mon 25-Aug-14 08:19:41

Is this bedruthan steps again?!

FishWithABicycle Mon 25-Aug-14 08:21:24

you should not have to pay full whack for each night for which it's like this. insist on minimum 50% discount per night until you can have acceptable facilities.

Confused13 Mon 25-Aug-14 08:22:51

No shower and no wifi for that price is an absolute mickey take and I would be making a huge fuss. That's an absurd amount of money so I would be expecting absurdly good customer service.

expatinscotland Mon 25-Aug-14 08:24:40

Name and shame. WTAF. Incredibly poor show from them.

WineCraft Mon 25-Aug-14 08:26:35

£365 per night, wow!

The only place I can think of is C.P......

Namechangedtodayonly Mon 25-Aug-14 08:28:38

Unfortunately my husband has just spoken to the owner who told him they had a plumber out on Saturday and they can't fix it. The whole system needs draining and they won't be doing this Til next weekend. So they knew the shower was broken when we arrived at tea time yesterday yet kept quiet.

There is nowhere to move us to.

expatinscotland Mon 25-Aug-14 08:30:09

They sold you the room under false pretences then

Tweet and FB about them.

Namechangedtodayonly Mon 25-Aug-14 08:32:57

I just feel really upset as am really not bowled over by our rooms either. Are pretty tired and just not what we expected even though it does look like their website but up close all a bit battered and knackered looking.

Need to go and be sick again..pls excuse me!!

FishWithABicycle Mon 25-Aug-14 08:33:26

Well then you need to put your efforts into getting them to compensate you appropriately. You need to be firm in communicating to them that if they are not going to fix it and are therefore expecting you to put up with utterly-third-rate levels of comfort then they should adjust your price to something akin to what would be reasonably charged for such a poor level of facilities (I wouldn't pay more than £50 per room per night for a room without ensuite showering, personally)

PureMorning Mon 25-Aug-14 08:33:41

Make a scene and get cash back.

Handsoff7 Mon 25-Aug-14 08:33:48

Ask for a full refund so you can stay elsewhere. At £365 per night, there wouldn't be many alternatives out of your price bracket

Snog Mon 25-Aug-14 08:35:16

I would explain why the shower is so important to you and negotiate a discount. Then use the swimming pool shower as suggested.

treaclesoda Mon 25-Aug-14 08:38:01

I would also approach them all bright and breezy saying 'and how are we being compensated for the non working shower/wifi' rather than 'is there any chance of discount?'. It sort of makes it clear that you expect something, not that you are nervously begging for something.

treaclesoda Mon 25-Aug-14 08:39:00

actually handsoff has a better idea

Finola1step Mon 25-Aug-14 08:45:15

Treacle is spot on. Don't ask if there is a discount. Go to Reception and tell them why the shower situation is making your stay so uncomfortable. Then tell them that you will be happy to discuss an appropriate compensation with the manager upon their return. If they don't play ball, then name and shame on Twitter and FB.

At £365 a night, perfection (or very near) should be a given.

Namechangedtodayonly Mon 25-Aug-14 08:48:33

My husband has just been to try and have a shower in the pool. He said it was filthy and in his words 'stayed in better places in Nepal' when he was 17. One on off switch so no temp control so far too hot for our toddler and the door was so warped he couldn't lock it.

Not the Bedruthan by the way but similar vicinity.

Namechangedtodayonly Mon 25-Aug-14 08:48:58

I don't use twitter.

sleepdodger Mon 25-Aug-14 08:51:05

Can you find somewhere local to move to; if nearBS there are loads locally, even this week as some schools are back weds

Gumnast2014 Mon 25-Aug-14 08:52:52

Totally unacceptable.

Name, shame and tweet and Facebook. I bet you get a response!!

Nusalembongan Mon 25-Aug-14 08:53:14

I must say I would be in reception making quite a fuss if I were you, that's not on when you are paying so much.

LegoCaltrops Mon 25-Aug-14 08:53:51

You have to name & shame. Then (assuming you have really namechanged - I've not bothered to check!) Show or email them the thread. These things sometimes escape onto the wider web...

Namechangedtodayonly Mon 25-Aug-14 08:54:17

I am concerned about getting our money back. They have taken a third deposit from our debit card. We are due to move rooms tomorrow night for another three nights. Apparently that shower works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now