Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

RIP Lord Richard Attenborough

(22 Posts)
juneybean Mon 25-Aug-14 01:01:06

I couldn't see another thread.

I loved him in Miracle of 34th Street sad

Shia Mon 25-Aug-14 01:03:19

Goodnight Dicky, a fabulous actor and entertainer.

Brighton Rock - one of my favourite films.

So many films. So many memories.

Thank you for the films.

RIP

TinyDancingHoofer Mon 25-Aug-14 01:19:52

He is my favourite Santa ever, despite knowing his age I really never thought he was that old, it's really sad sad

Redglitter Mon 25-Aug-14 01:22:05

He was just tailor made for Miracle on 34th Street. There'll never be another Santa like him

Thumbwitch Mon 25-Aug-14 02:07:46

RIP Lord Dickie - so sad. sad Condolences to his family.

Blamenargles Mon 25-Aug-14 02:15:10

He is Kris Kringle miracle on 34th street is my favourite christmas film.
At least he lived a full long life unlike so many actors/celebrity's that seem to die so young
RIP to a great actor/director

Solo Mon 25-Aug-14 03:34:58

Great actor. RIP Richard.

honeyandhim Mon 25-Aug-14 05:37:27

RIP Richard sad

NCISaddict Mon 25-Aug-14 06:18:21

Kris Kringle, we watch this every Christmas with the DC's even though they're no longer little. It was a role made for him RIP.

guinnessgirl Mon 25-Aug-14 07:02:14

Nooooooo sad really gutted about this. He was a wonderful actor and director. Am really genuinely sad about this sad

turdfairynomore Mon 25-Aug-14 07:12:40

I love the part when he talks to the little deaf girl in sign language and sings jingle bells with her. Chokes me up every time!!

diddl Mon 25-Aug-14 07:18:35

Oh that's sad.

90yrs old though!

Brighton Rock & 10 Rillington Place-fab!

He was really menacing in Brighton Rock. Such a good actor, yet seemed so lovely in RL. He was a Labour peer and a great campaigner against apartheid, which really endeared him to me. Sad, but what a great age. smile

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Mon 25-Aug-14 08:11:22

Great, lovely man. Great director. Loved Biko and Cry Freedom, and his stories of heroes. He helped so many, too. He made his mark on all our lives. It's a wrap, Dickie.

borderliner Mon 25-Aug-14 08:22:23

Sad news, a great actor, director, campaigner and humanitarian. RIP.

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Mon 25-Aug-14 08:44:49

Hearing on the radio that he had wanted to make a film about Thomas Paine, I've looked Paine up (who invented the minimum wage and wrote about the basic rights of man, among other things.) So his influence is there yet, he has motivated me to read and I'll read more still about and by Paine. No doubt some of his films will be shown on TV.

His work has made the world a better place, as was his intention and endeavour.

Rocktheboat73 Mon 25-Aug-14 08:56:46

Let's not forget Whistle Down The Wind, thank you Mr Attenborough

WallyBantersJunkBox Mon 25-Aug-14 09:19:38

When I was 12 my dad pointed him out in Moscow airport. I approached him for an autograph and I only had a picture of my cat so he signed the back. He thought it was really funny.

I'd been to see Gandhi with my mum about a month before, so I gave him my feedback on the film blush. He was over the moon that I enjoyed it at such a young age, and thanked me!

His wife was lovely too.

I don't think he ever recovered from losing his dd and dgd in the tsunami that hit Asia. I remember him commenting some months after that he couldn't bear to listen to music as he was always reminded of his loss.

Brilliant actor and all round gentleman.

RIP.

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Mon 25-Aug-14 11:21:30

Yes, Whistle Down The Wind was a great film.

RobinSparkles Mon 25-Aug-14 11:24:00

Aw no! sad
RIP

I loved him in Miracle On 34th Street.

Solo Mon 25-Aug-14 16:25:13

We have lost some real legends this year sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now