Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Aaargh I just can't fucking sleep !!!??!!!

(7 Posts)
GaryShitpeas Mon 25-Aug-14 00:11:11

It's been going on for weeks now confused

I'm shattered, exhausted. But just can't drop off. Ironic as got dcs and a baby who all sleep like a log.

It doesn't help at all lying here on my phone, I know. But I'll be bored just lying awake staring at the ceiling. I'd rather read a book but it will disturb dh who clearly has no (fucking) problem sleeping

Speaking of dh he snores as well and I could honestly kill him when he does. In fact, as we speak he is Happily, blissfully snoring while i lie here bastard awake

Not sure what I'm hoping for posting this. Some company maybe? I'm not the only insomniac am I ??

curiousgeorgie Mon 25-Aug-14 00:29:00

I find it really hard to sleep. I've tried loads and if I know I have to be up early or I have a long tiring day I'll take diazepam the night before to help.

What works best for me is having the TV on, something I've watched before and know inside out, that I can just listen to as I try to fall asleep. I can't do silence, or complete darkness. They don't help me at all.

Last night I finally dropped off around 6am and got up at 9. But here I am at 12.30 absolutely tired but mind refusing to give in!

I really feel for you, I hate it.

scousadelic Mon 25-Aug-14 00:31:27

Welcome to my world! It's knackering and I wish I knew the answer to it

GaryShitpeas Mon 25-Aug-14 00:37:50

And now I'm laid here suppressing laughter at a funny thread. Oh dear not helping myself am I grin

GaryShitpeas Mon 25-Aug-14 00:39:11

Yeah curiousgeorgie I can fall sleep with the telly on. Has to be mindless shit though

I can't have the telly on or the lamp though as disturbs dh confused

SoonToBeSix Mon 25-Aug-14 01:19:17

Me neither, try earplugs I use Boots muzzlers for the snoring .

magicalmrmistofelees Mon 25-Aug-14 07:48:54

I have exactly the same problem OP. I have a 9mo DD who isn't the best sleeper in the world but even when she's fast asleep I lie here awake staring at the ceiling. I always end up being the one to get up with her in the night because I'm awake anyway so hear her first, and even if DH got up to her I'd still just be lying here awake, so I might as well get up and let him sleep! I've tried everything, even diazepam and I still don't bloody sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now