Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Scuttlebug or wheeliebug?

(16 Posts)
SweetPeaPods Sun 24-Aug-14 21:17:47

Looking for a little ride on for ds. Not sure whether to get a wheelie bug, scuttle bug or something else entirely! Any recommendations?
My mil also suggested a little tykes car but thought dh would need more help with that.

Singmetosleepzzz Sun 24-Aug-14 21:22:31

We have both and without any hesitation I would say get the scuttlebug. It is so much easier to move forward - both my DC have really difficulties straddling the wheelibug and we have the small one. The scuttlebug is also cheaper and fold down to almost nothing.

ColdTeaAgain Sun 24-Aug-14 21:25:48

DD loves her wheelie bug! She has had a go on scuttlebugs at other people's houses and didn't seem to get around as well with them.

SweetPeaPods Sun 24-Aug-14 21:26:17

That's good to know thanks

MaryPoppinPills Sun 24-Aug-14 21:26:48

We've got the the scuttlebug and it's fab. Ds whizzes about on it all day. it's great

SpidersDontWashTheirHands Sun 24-Aug-14 21:28:35

We've had a wheeliebug for six years, the DSs have hammered it and it still looks brand new. I've even been known to hav a shot on it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one.

SweetPeaPods Sun 24-Aug-14 21:31:51

Just noticed you can get a scramble bug too. Argh decisions decisions!!

Misty9 Sun 24-Aug-14 21:56:07

I'd say scuttle bug. We've got a wheelie and it's barely used by toddler ds.

blueskiesandflowers Sun 24-Aug-14 22:30:16

Wheelie bug definetly dds had both wasn't so keen on the scuttlebug

SweetPeaPods Mon 25-Aug-14 07:55:17

Interesting there is a pretty even split. Might have to find a shop that has both and see what ds goes to.

Badsituationnamechange Mon 25-Aug-14 07:57:21

I'd say scuttlebug. You can fold it up and take it out with you under the pushchair.

TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Mon 25-Aug-14 07:57:33

I can't comment on the wheelie bugs but our scuttlebug folds up really neatly so we can take it anywhere for DD. Plus she loves it.

jenniuol Mon 25-Aug-14 08:25:53

Wheeliebug. 18 month old DS adores his.

Scuttlebug - as others have said, it folds small so can go under the buggy - fab for taking it to the park. DD could go quite fast on hers.

I'm getting the scramblebug for DNs 1st birthday smile

SweetPeaPods Mon 25-Aug-14 09:06:57

What's the difference between scramble and scuttle bug? Is it the number of wheels? 3 vs 4?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now