Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

another- things my dc said that sound pretentious but aren't- lighthearted!

(8 Posts)
abouttobeevicted Sun 24-Aug-14 21:13:51

Dd2 while on the toilet earlier I was in the bath said:
"mummy I like Himalayan pink salt better than Rock salt."
me: why?confused
dd2: " its less salty"

I'm glad she said it at home as it would sound really wanky if said outside.grin

MaidOfStars Sun 24-Aug-14 21:20:14

You think that only sounds pretentious but actually isn't? wink

abouttobeevicted Sun 24-Aug-14 21:21:52

its not. I bought the salt from pound stretchers. wink

DurhamDurham Sun 24-Aug-14 21:25:27

When my oldest was about four we were in a shop and there was a bin with lots of sale items in it. She piped up with 'oh look it's the miscellaneous section" I have no idea where she got that from, she must have heard it and by sheer luck used it in the correct context smile

MrsDarylDixon Sun 24-Aug-14 22:04:50

A friend's dd ( about 2 yo) was asking me to pass something and I couldn't quite catch it. I looked to my friend and she explained "oh, she wants you to pass the balsamic "
Just made me smile

HoneyTits Sun 24-Aug-14 22:29:59

My dd (6) saw few kids playing in the next street over as we were driving home and shouted out the window "peasants!" in a bit of a snobby voice, thing is we're are common as muck grin

Ds2 (4) at a birthday party was eating chocolate covered strawberries when he asked loudly "is this cheap chocolate?" (It was 30p smart price chocolate as it turns out not the high end Cadbury we're used to in this house)

Just to add dd isn't really a snobby kid who thinks others are beneath her.

Jellypudmum Sun 24-Aug-14 22:32:58

Dc have both been attending a (free) Friday holiday club where part of the day is preparing their own lunches. When asked what they had chosen for their lunch on Friday dd replied ham " but it was the cheap type, not procciutto mummy." Naice ham anyone???

LoxleyBarrett Sun 24-Aug-14 23:18:53

We were talking to the DSs about fire safety a few months ago. I told about one of my friends whose house burned down when she was a child and how the family were lucky to escape unhurt. DS2 asked where they lived, so I explained that they had to stay in a hotel for a while until rented accommodation could be sorted.

I expected them to say how awful that must have been etc, but no, DS came out with "What star was the hotel?"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now