Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you were invited to something...

(14 Posts)
Trinpy Sun 24-Aug-14 21:01:28

and you didn't go (because you completely forgot it was today blush ) and then the person who invited you texted saying 'thanks for coming today xx' - what would you think?

Can't decide whether it was sent to the wrong person; a passive aggressive telling off for forgetting; or if she actually thought I was there confused . No idea what to reply!

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 24-Aug-14 21:07:50

That is being told off for not being there, have you apologised?

Euphemia Sun 24-Aug-14 21:09:09

It would depend what it was and how many people were invited.

juneybean Sun 24-Aug-14 21:10:07

I'd think she sent a mass text...

Hulababy Sun 24-Aug-14 21:11:14

Eeek!

I guess it would depend on the event.
Was it a big affair?

If yes, then maybe she didn't realise you weren't there.
If no, either sent to wrong person or a PA text.

Squeegle Sun 24-Aug-14 21:11:27

What was the occasion? Was it a big do, could she have just thought you were there?

TurnOverTheTv Sun 24-Aug-14 21:13:22

I would take it a sarcastic dig, to see what you would reply grin

TeaAndALemonTart Sun 24-Aug-14 21:15:26

Sarky, definitely.

squirrelweasel Sun 24-Aug-14 21:17:16

Just reply with you're welcome wink

I would guess wrong person.

What was the event?

MaryWestmacott Sun 24-Aug-14 21:27:53

If it was a big event, she might have just mass texted everyone who was supposed to be there and might not have even noticed you weren't there.

Were there any texts in advance about it? She might just have mass texted before with info and my phone will let me mass text again to the same group, so that could easily happen.

If it was a small event and there were no texts about it in advance, then it's either a mistake or she's being a sarky cow.

What did you miss?

Trinpy Sun 24-Aug-14 21:44:28

Christening with a party afterwards. I think quite a few people were invited. She gave out paper invitations to everyone else but she forgot to give me mine so texted me the details. I had family unexpectedly turn up this weekend so was busy with them and forgot it was happening.

I was going to contact her tomorrow to apologise but it's going to be very awkward if she thinks I was actually there! Maybe she thought I was standing at the back??!

MaryWestmacott Sun 24-Aug-14 21:55:08

Was the text with details clearly just to you (as in was it started with "Hi Trinpy") because if not then perhaps a few people were sent the details message and so she just used that message group again to say 'thanks for coming'.

it'll be fine to say you weren't there and say sorry.

Trinpy Sun 24-Aug-14 23:20:22

No name, just thanks for coming today hun xx. I'll leave it until tomorrow but might say something like 'sorry I didn't see you yesterday' then its ambiguous enough to not cause awkwardness but still be an apology!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now