Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

mirrors

(40 Posts)
desertmum Sun 24-Aug-14 19:46:34

how many mirrors do you have in your house ? My DDs BF has just asked if we are vampires as we have no mirrors in our house - we have one large one that is in DS room. But none anywhere else - even the bathrooms. This relates back to a very very woo event in my life.

I am always quite surprised when I catch sight of myself in a mirror when I am out as I wonder when I got all those wrinkles!

iklboo Sun 24-Aug-14 19:50:16

Five - one in hall, two in bathroom (cabinet & DH's shaving mirror), my makeup mirror in the cupboard and our bedroom wall.

I know what you mean about woo though. I can't talk to anyone looking in a mirror (hairdressers are not fun - luckily I have hair done at home) and I can't look in a mirror at night / in the dark.

ShatnersBassoon Sun 24-Aug-14 19:51:58

We have mirrors in most rooms.

I'd find it very hard to do my hair and makeup without. Do you ever have overnight guests?

JanaOfTheJungle Sun 24-Aug-14 19:52:33

You must tell us about the woo event now! grin

We have 7, one in each bedroom, one in bathroom, downstairs loo, hallway and living room.

eltsihT Sun 24-Aug-14 20:01:14

9. Bathrooms, bedrooms and hall all have mirrors.

WastingMyYoungYears Sun 24-Aug-14 20:02:13

Ah, I'm not at all woo, but sometimes do feel a bit freaked out by mirrors if it's night time and I'm alone.

Please tell us your woo mirror story!

IdrisElbaIsMyHusband Sun 24-Aug-14 20:03:25

We've got one small one above the sink in the bathroom

Coumarin Sun 24-Aug-14 20:05:33

3 in one bathroom, large over the bath, small above sink and a free standing one.

2 in dressing room, dressing table one and huge floor standing one.

Large in en suite, one in downstairs loo and one in the living room.

I like having a mirror to bounce light around the rooms and for decorative purposes as well as checking make up, clothes etc.

Coumarin Sun 24-Aug-14 20:06:15

I missed one. A dressing table style one with little drawers in the guest bedroom.

InculKate Sun 24-Aug-14 20:07:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DurhamDurham Sun 24-Aug-14 20:07:44

We have ten mirrors in our house, that's includes those on the walls in bedrooms and bathrooms as well as smaller ones on chest of drawers. We aren't vain I promise you grin

desertmum Sun 24-Aug-14 20:19:49

no not rude - just our sense of humour. Will tell woo story but not until morning - am alone in house just now and it's dark.

MrsAtticus Sun 24-Aug-14 20:21:37

EmpressOfBedlam Sun 24-Aug-14 20:24:14

Oh bloody hell that sounds terrifying OP.

We have loads of mirrors.

InculKate Sun 24-Aug-14 20:26:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Catsmamma Sun 24-Aug-14 20:27:16

too many to count!

and more waiting to go up....i love those old 40's style mirrors and have probably a dozen in the bathroom, some in the hall.

Large one over the fire in the sitting room, another antique one waiting to go up in the dining room.

LOADS...but i rarely look in them.

RJnomore Sun 24-Aug-14 20:27:49

7 I think. I miss my full length mirrored wardrobe doors in my last house.

When I started going out with DH his mum only ha done tiny a4 size mirror in the bathroom. How the hell do you live like that? You can't do hair or makeup in it, it's too small, and no chance of checking out your outfit!

iwantgin Sun 24-Aug-14 20:28:29

Two in the downstairs bathroom.
One in the upstairs bathroom
One on the landing
One in the lounge above the fire

That's it - I have to use a small handheld mirror to do make up. If i want to style my hair when I dry it(rarely) I have to go and stand on the landing to see what I am doing.

I hadn't thought about our lack of mirrors before.

DurhamDurham Sun 24-Aug-14 20:29:57

I don't think I could leave the house every morning if I didn't have a quick check in the full length mirror. I'd be too convinced that I looked like a complete mess smile

Hollycomputer Sun 24-Aug-14 20:31:35

Six, one in every room including the hallway. I just think they look nice and positioned correctly make the room look bigger. Two of them are art deco-ey decorative affairs though.

0pheliaBalls Sun 24-Aug-14 20:32:49

Full length in me and DH's room, teenytiny round one in the bathroom. That's it.

Deverethemuzzler Sun 24-Aug-14 20:34:37

Loads and loads and loads. I have 6 large ones on just one wall.

I like them as objects. I don't look in them.

<shudder>

SpidersDontWashTheirHands Sun 24-Aug-14 20:35:41

Dining room
Three of the bedrooms
Two of the bathrooms
And two huge mirrored wardrobes in our bedroom. I'm not a fan of mirrored wardrobes but they were here when we bought the house.

Desertmum how do you know what you look like before you go out?

AtlanticDrift Sun 24-Aug-14 20:45:38

11. I love mirrors for reflecting light in a room

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now