Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Why am I so exhausted?!

(5 Posts)
Sleepswithbutterflies Sun 24-Aug-14 16:47:30

I'm absolutely shattered all the time. Especially in the afternoons. I get up ok in the morning but by about 3ish I can barely keep my eyes open. Even in the mornings I feel tired.

Ds is 5.3 and didn't sleep through the night until he was just gone 4. Up until then I was woken at least 4 times every single night. Dh works away a lot and even when here refused to give me a night off or a lie in at the weekend. So ds usually would wake at 11ish, 1.30, 3,30 and 5ish and then get up about 6ish. Some nights he was up every hour. Often he was up again before I'd gone back to sleep so I regularly only had a couple of hours unbroken sleep.
He's loads better now but I actually feel more tired now than I did then! Is it possible that the sleep deficit has affected me long term? My short term memory isn't very good anymore.

What can I do?? I never seem to have any energy at all.

MagratsHair Sun 24-Aug-14 16:49:16

What's your diet like?

Have you seen a doctor?

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sun 24-Aug-14 16:49:17

Watching with interest!

I am always shattered. Haven't slept in past 7am since 7 years.

Although all dc have been fairly reasonable sleepers I could always do with a nap by mid afternoon

Sleepswithbutterflies Sun 24-Aug-14 16:50:44

Diet is ok. I am veggie but I take iron supplements because I was border line anaemic a few years back.

I feel like I could sleep forever!

Glad it's not just me!

deakymom Sun 24-Aug-14 16:53:44

too much iron can cause tiredness perhaps your supplements are not needed?

www.nhs.uk/conditions/Haemochromatosis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now