Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Why? Just why???

(31 Posts)
Toooldtobearsed Sun 24-Aug-14 16:20:58

I seem to spend a decent proportion of each day doing a Victor Meldew impersonation. Every day, something makes me whine 'WHY???'

Here are mine today - what are yours?

WHY can't bread and toaster manufacturers get together and agree the size of bread v toaster slots?

WHY can't sardine tin makers not make them so that I do not get splattered with tomato juice, no matter how carefully I do that last tug?

WHY does the phone stay silent ALL day, then rings, with a lengthy and involved call as soon as we sit down to a meal?

Disclaimer: I am middle aged and cranky grin

LocalEditorEssex Sun 24-Aug-14 16:24:07

WHY did the makers of Zoflora call it Linen Fresh?? My house smells of fucking Brut now do not buy that fragrance ever

Toooldtobearsed Sun 24-Aug-14 16:43:36

grin
My house smells of dog, cat and man now. I was sucked in by 'linen fresh' too!

LocalEditorEssex Sun 24-Aug-14 16:57:48

No man smells here anymore grin but the brut did hide the dog/cat smell quite well smile

Pleased I am not the only advertisers dream person to be fooled !

mermaidstale Sun 24-Aug-14 20:27:36

Why do screws have threads which need 50 turns when 5 would do?
Why are lamp flexes never long enough?

ALittleFaith Sun 24-Aug-14 21:03:43

Why did I choose to work Sundays and Mondays?! Bank holidays suck!

SweetPeaPods Sun 24-Aug-14 21:09:26

Why do you get 2 different types of screw/ screwdriver?! Why can't they be the same? It's always the one you can't find the screwdriver for!

Toooldtobearsed Mon 25-Aug-14 08:15:24

And why is it the 27th screw you are removing that has a broken thread?

And why is the lead on my iPad so short I need to contort myself to use it plugged in?

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Mon 25-Aug-14 09:30:38

Why are USB leads so shit? Why do women steal men's socks? Why do bagels have holes so things drip out?

BikeRunSki Mon 25-Aug-14 09:39:37

I steal men's socks because I have big feet. I buy pretty ladies socks because they look nice, then go through the toes on about the third wear and wear DH's socks instead because they fit. Now I just buy men's socks for me. Gap and M&S do some quite nice ones.

JustAShopGirl Mon 25-Aug-14 09:41:43

ah - i know one of them - women steal men's socks because women's socks are too blooming small - one size fits all - OH NO IT DOESN'T.

JustAShopGirl Mon 25-Aug-14 09:42:07

xpost grin

TheHomicidalPowerOfaTypo Mon 25-Aug-14 09:43:26

iPad lead : I have an extension lead that has become my lap pet so I can plug in and still use while lying on my fatarse on the sofa.

bumpiesonamission Mon 25-Aug-14 09:43:48

Why can't my DH put both socks in the linen bin, not just one?

Why did I loose my resolve and feed my baby at 4:30am when trying to sleep train/wean?

Why won't my baby eat from a spoon or at least open his mouth so I can pop it in?

Why oh why oh why am I so tired

ThrowAChickenInTheAir Mon 25-Aug-14 09:44:48

Why, WHY when easy peel stickers have so thoughtfully been invented, are 'impossible to remove' stickers still used on things??

Why won't a teaspoon fit into a spice jar?

ElephantsNeverForgive Mon 25-Aug-14 09:48:06

And why, when I log in with google, does MN insist on taking me to the home page.

I logged in to post on a thread I now can't find!

LatteLoverLovesLattes Mon 25-Aug-14 09:48:45

bumpie - I think it's clear why you are so tired smile flowers

Socks - you are right, women's are not 'one size fits all' but for me they're too big! I could send the excess inch to those of you needing it?! I buy childrens socks.

Why doesn't the coffee maker just make my coffee for me and bring it to me <home alone, so no one to ask either!>?

Why do I never get one of those charity bags when I need one then four turn up the following week.
(Usually after a BH is when I need one.)

TheFantasticMrsFox Mon 25-Aug-14 10:19:01

YY to teaspoons in spice jars hmm

Also why does any baking recipe I attempt specify an entirely different size tin than the ones I have in my cupboard?!

Pulledapart Mon 25-Aug-14 10:35:58

Why oh why did I only fall asleep at 4am when I was exhausted from the days activities & get woken up by DD 4 hrs later!

Why do 4 yr old have an opinion about everything?

Why am I having cornflakes without milk because that's the way DD wants breakfast today?

Why life in general sad

Toooldtobearsed Mon 25-Aug-14 11:07:41

Pulledapart flowers

YY to the teaspoon and spice jar!

Why am I stupid enough to bake a tripe cake instead of a liver cake for the dog? Every door and window open, house needs fumigating blush

HoldenMcGroin Mon 25-Aug-14 11:14:46

Wait, what? You bake cakes of meat for your doggie?

My why - why does my laminator zzzzzle up the only copy of a thing, when if there's ten copies it effortlessly slides a perfecto laminated example onto the desk. Raaaaahhhrrrr.

(Also, zoflora Brut sounds weirdly lovely blush)

Pulledapart Mon 25-Aug-14 11:29:14

Thanks toooldtobearsed your doggie is very lucky to have you smile

bumpiesonamission Mon 25-Aug-14 11:44:28

Why has my cat started to only want to come and go through the front door when there's a perfectly good cat flap out the back?

YY to spice jar/spoon gate. I was once bought a 'spice spoon'!! But it's so small it takes an age to get a good level of spice in a dish!

Mandy2003 Mon 25-Aug-14 12:00:53

Why can I only find Zoflora Orchid, Hyacinth or Lavender in the shops at the moment??

<slightly off-topic moan>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now