Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I can't like the new look site!!

(22 Posts)

Just come back from holiday and logged on. What's going on with this new look? I've tried to revert back to the old look and it won't work! I'm a dinosaur and I want my mumsnet back, otherwise I may have a tantrum!

PossumPoo Sun 24-Aug-14 11:45:42

oh so you've probably missed all the other threads then about this - turns out you're not the only one! grin

I don't like the mobile site, I'm not sure why they think too much white is good...I've actually logged on to my laptop to look at it this morning as it's giving me a bit of a headache looking at it. But this could be a good thing, I need to cut down my mn hours!

scarletforya Sun 24-Aug-14 11:52:45

It's painful isn't it. On some sites you can choose which 'skin' or look you want to use. Maybe mn could do that and let us decide instead of forcing us to use the new one.

I'm using the desktop view on a mini phone which is less than ideal.

chockbic Sun 24-Aug-14 11:56:30

Its improving now they are adding back in bits of functionality.

Give it time, it grows on you. Like mildew tardis

It's awful, I can't find anything without trawling through again and again. I've actually thought about deleting my account because its such a pain to use now.

VeryLittleGravitasIndeed Sun 24-Aug-14 12:08:12

Hang in there. Once you get used to it it's quite good.

I suspect it was done in order to fit the ad in at the top - more money for mumsnet means a better service for us, so everyone wins really.

icanmakeyouicecream Sun 24-Aug-14 12:10:49

It's grim, and yes was all done so they could make more money with the adverts.

BertieBotts Sun 24-Aug-14 12:12:40

Isn't this just the mobile site, and I thought they said it was a bug and they were fixing it?? Not a new look? confused

The desktop site looks just the same as always (well, as it has been for the last 5 years).

BertieBotts Sun 24-Aug-14 12:15:22
nicename Sun 24-Aug-14 12:15:59

I don't have a problem with the look, more the functionality.

I'm on the blackberry and it is a nightmare! If you are on a long thread, you can't go into 'threads I'm on' and click on a recent post and go straight to that on the page. Oh no, you go to the very top of one very very very long page and have to scroll slowly down, as the page refreshes as it goes s-l-o-w--l---y. Then it gives up, page goes white and crashes.

What a shame!

NewEraNewMindset Sun 24-Aug-14 12:17:53

Nice name, if you hit 'add post' it pings you down to the bottom. Not ideal, but it works.

nicename Sun 24-Aug-14 12:20:12

I don't always have the footer bar though!

My blackberry is a terrible piece of kit though. I'm sure it works on other devices better (I hope!).

I feel for the designers/developers though! Nobody likes a site change!

livelablove Sun 24-Aug-14 12:24:02

Its really bad on my Nokia phone, but they are going to look at it next week. It normally posts everything twice.

livelablove Sun 24-Aug-14 12:24:03

Its really bad on my Nokia phone, but they are going to look at it next week. It normally posts everything twice.

gleegeek Sun 24-Aug-14 12:59:50

I've given up on the mobile site entirely. I can't seem to open any threads on it. Occasionally it works but rarely. My Mn time has decreased rapidly grin

emotionsecho Sun 24-Aug-14 13:14:52

You are not alone in not liking the new mobile site OP, but despite numerous posters suffering glitches and intensely disliking the look and functionality of it MN are determined to foist it on their users.

It's a complete dog's dinner of a change, it is headache inducing I can only manage about 20 minutes before I feel a migraine threatening and that's apart from the fact it is harder to navigate - designers obviously thought why let users click once to access a function when we can make them click at least three or four times.

Like gleegeek my MN time has reduced dramatically due to the mobile site, I now use it on the laptop which I only use intermittently. Looking at Active Convos the whole site seems quieter so I suspect several others have cut down their use of the site, probably not what MNHQ envisioned with their shiny, new, 'improved' mobile site.

microcosmia Sun 24-Aug-14 13:37:25

I'm finding it difficult to use on my tablet. Hard to read and hard to follow just lines and lines of text. It's not as user friendly as before. I preferred it as it was and I thought they said it was a glitch too?

It highlights your own posts in grey which is handy to find where you were previously on the thread as wading through the text is hard going.

littlewhitebag Sun 24-Aug-14 14:21:05

It looks exactly the same to me. I use it on my macbook, my iPad and my iPhone. Is it only different on non Apple products?

ladypete Sun 24-Aug-14 16:21:22

It's awful. It gives me a headache with all the white and I don't like that all the MN sponsored threads aren't clearly coloured anymore so that i can scroll past them quickly

Just... Bleugh sad

ArtDecoGirly Sun 24-Aug-14 16:27:52

On my laptop I used to have the name of thread starter and last replied... now one has disappeared and keep trying to change it on settings but it won't let me hmm

MagratsHair Sun 24-Aug-14 16:32:44

I don't have it on my phone or on my android tablet. I still have the old app but with every single guest post on there going back to 3 August!

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 24-Aug-14 16:37:20

Neither my phone nor my iPad have this new incarnation. Is it a non Apple thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now