Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Girls long pyjamas - recommendations please

(11 Posts)
Pico2 Sat 23-Aug-14 20:36:17

DD has grown out of her long pyjamas and the unseasonably cold weather means that I'd like to get ones for autumn/winter now. She normally has Tesco ones, but they are thin and don't have cuffs so can drag a bit until she suddenly grows and grows out of them. Her summer pjs from John Lewis (own brand) seem to be good quality and the price of their long ones is ok (£11 per pair), but we are underwhelmed by the patterns. I tried Sainsbury's today but they didn't have many and most were in sets with at least one with short sleeves.

Can anyone recommend some please? She's size 5-6.

I love gap pjs. They are slim fit and very funky - not too much pink!

I buy all pajamas from Next.

SylvaniansKeepGettingHoovered Sat 23-Aug-14 21:04:48

Next 'snugglefit' - my DDs always have these. They're the only pjs that aren't too long. We've gone through tons of pjs which are too long in the leg.

badasahatter Sat 23-Aug-14 21:07:47

We did Rocha John Rocha and Junior J for my girl the last few years of kids sizes. I still have a pair of the Rocha bottoms and she wears them with a vest in the summer. I always like Debenhams for jammies, but confess, I often bought them a year in advance when my girl was little.

rocket74 Sat 23-Aug-14 21:07:57

Boden every time.long John pyjamas. Wash well don't go baggy cool designs. Yes expensive but well worth it. Cheaper than Gap. Always offers on too. Sizing small though my tall 2 yr old in age 4.

Pico2 Sat 23-Aug-14 21:43:54

Thanks, I'll have a look at these.

Sleepyfergus Sun 24-Aug-14 08:34:06

Another vote for Gap. Slim fit and last well. Pricey at £15 but I buy them in the sale or when they have a 30% off deal.

DaisyFlowerChain Sun 24-Aug-14 08:56:19

Next or Mothercare for pjs, both wash well and keep their size. DS is too old now for Mothercare sizing but always made a special trip there for them when we could.

Pico2 Sun 24-Aug-14 22:53:38

We've had a look at the Next website and chosen some lovely pjs (plus a few other things that are really cute). It's a bit of a shock to find that she is at the upper end of their younger girls sizes.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Imperial Sun 24-Aug-14 23:02:12

Primark do lovely warm pjs which have lasted better than the John Lewis ones I bought around the same time. Boden do lovely long sleeved nighties though which DD sometimes wears with a pair of leggings if it's really cold

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now