Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

In a panic!

(17 Posts)
Mammicar Sat 23-Aug-14 04:05:14

With natwest. Tuesdays direct debits have come out today's tax credits and child benefit also eaten up I'm now overdrawn! Dhs wages due in on tues but not showing. Wtf do I do. I have rescued my brother and three kids from domestic abuse I have 9 people in my house!

Redglitter Sat 23-Aug-14 04:11:50

Why on earth have they taken Tues payments so early that's just wrong

Mammicar Sat 23-Aug-14 04:13:27

I'm in such a panic! We have enough food thankfully but will need petrol gas and leccy at some point and if promised all 6 kids I would take them to the seaside today!

Redglitter Sat 23-Aug-14 04:16:59

I'd be on the phone questioning why they took the payments. explain you need that money and have a deposit coming in on Tues to cover it.

Mammicar Sat 23-Aug-14 04:22:30

I will be as soon as they open at 8am. Shouldn't have bloody checked now I can't sleep!

Mammicar Sat 23-Aug-14 07:37:56

Nothing they can do. It's a common problem. If it's so bloody common why haven't they fixed it. angryangry

LatteLoverLovesLattes Sat 23-Aug-14 07:45:21

It often happens on a bank holiday weekend sad

I would call back, tell them they need to sort out an interest free overdraft and if they get shirty tell them you will be contacting the financial ombudsman.

I get that they can't look at everyone's accounts to see what's going on, but this archic system of doing things before the bank holiday weekend needs to stop.

Mammicar Sat 23-Aug-14 07:57:51

Oh he can see my husbands wages going in but it's not showing on my balance!

Mammicar Sat 23-Aug-14 07:59:26

Overdraft will take the same amount of time to sort out and won't be until Tuesday

Lucked Sat 23-Aug-14 08:03:13

Make sure they wave any charges for being overdrawn!!

fun1nthesun Sat 23-Aug-14 08:59:37

Are the banks open today?

DaisyFlowerChain Sat 23-Aug-14 09:07:17

Direct debits often come out early on a bank holiday, debits always show first on the account before credits if due the same day.

Can your brother not help out until Tuesday?

Bank unlikely to set up an overdraft before then and it's likely the direct debits have a clause that says "on or around" a date so the bank are not at fault.

Mammicar Sat 23-Aug-14 09:26:52

No brother doesn't have a penny because his ex partner was claiming for children. She's been sectioned. He's setup new claims but will take 4-5 weeks. Waiting on discretionary fund for him too! It's been a nightmare week!

Mammicar Sat 23-Aug-14 09:44:15

Sorted it bank were lovely and gave us cash they are changing their policy so that customers available balance is accessible over the weekend when direct debits come on Monday or tues after bank holiday because they have had lots of complaints about this smile

JsOtherHalf Sat 23-Aug-14 11:13:58

Good news. Hope you manage to get to the seaside today.

LatteLoverLovesLattes Sat 23-Aug-14 11:44:26

Excellent - hope you enjoy the Bank Holiday and the weather is better at 'your' beach than it is here today!!

blueskiesandflowers Sat 23-Aug-14 11:58:07

Is it to do with bank hol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now