Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

DS is average...

(29 Posts)
whogrewoutoftheterribletwos Fri 22-Aug-14 20:28:24

...at spelling. Apparently exactly average (100 on the doodah scale of whadjammit they use). How can I hold my head up on MN with all these parents of gifted children? I always thought he was so bright, turns out he's just NORMAL! Oh the shame, the shame. Does this mean I'll be exiled to Netmums?

[lightheated emoticon]

wink oh the shame! demote yourself now.

chinamoon Fri 22-Aug-14 20:43:01

Worry immediately. Most children are way above average. He has fallen seriously behind and will never catch up. You have done something deeply wrong.

PlushSuppie Fri 22-Aug-14 20:43:22

My ds is average too, but he has improved from below average so I'm quite pleased.

Been nice knowing you but your account will be deleted. We don't mix with your sort

Annunziata Fri 22-Aug-14 20:47:49

How can you possibly joke about this? It is a serious, serious thing. No wonder your poor child is only average....

whogrewoutoftheterribletwos Fri 22-Aug-14 20:48:10

I know. I blame myself (and DP of course). We simply can't have been putting enough wheatgerm extract in his Goji berry baby rice when we were weaning. All this time we should have been employing a tutor or Victorian nanny, spending every spare second on flashcards.

On second thoughts it's the school system, it must be. He was fine and definitely way above average before he went and mixed with all those other children grin

JuanPotatoTwo Fri 22-Aug-14 20:48:56

I bet mine is more average than yours smile

whogrewoutoftheterribletwos Fri 22-Aug-14 20:49:00

(but good on your DS Plush)

JuanPotatoTwo Fri 22-Aug-14 20:49:59

Meanwhile, my friend's dd has read every book in the library don't you know?

Annu did you notice her spelling mistake? Poor child doesn't stand a chance really

whogrewoutoftheterribletwos Fri 22-Aug-14 21:01:34

My spelling mistake??? Oh god. Where? Don't tell me that I'm only average? I'm not sure I could cope with a second shock like this in one day

hollie84 Fri 22-Aug-14 21:03:18

Everyone else's children are waaaaay above average.

I'm afraid so op
<holds hand>
<discreetly antibacs hand>

whogrewoutoftheterribletwos Fri 22-Aug-14 21:08:05

Stealth - I meant it to read lightheated. blush

Annunziata Fri 22-Aug-14 21:10:02

Well I didn't like to say, stealth, I don't want to come across as superior or anything...

juliascurr Fri 22-Aug-14 21:11:44

after various problems, dd was pronounced 'completely ordinary'. I was ecstatic grin

HoldenMcGroin Fri 22-Aug-14 21:12:00

My child is so average too, pedestrian even. He likes pancakes with sugar and lemon juice, not fresh, Jif. Oh the shame.

(Arf at lightheated x2) grin

We won't rest until everyone is above average. We owe it to our children.

Yes of course op there there
<pats op's head>
<antibacs, again>

On a serious note it's lovely to hear about children achieving this smile

picnicbasketcase Fri 22-Aug-14 21:19:03

Oh, don't feel too bad. Neither of my DC will eat olives.

Oh no! What on earth do you feed them?

whogrewoutoftheterribletwos Fri 22-Aug-14 21:20:26

I shall have to pin all my hopes on DD now. Surely she must be a genius?

Yes surely just given the law of averages one of your children must be terribly bright?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now