Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

how do I store this cake?

(13 Posts)
missknows Fri 22-Aug-14 18:40:51

Sorry if this is a rather stupid question. I don't bake often but today baked a yummy chocolate fudge cake (which I served warm with ice cream for anyone interested). How do I now store the three quarters that are left? And how long will it last? Does it need to go in the fridge or on the side? I don't have a giant air tight container if that is what you would suggest. If that is the case would the microwave be suitable?
Thanks

LadyMud Fri 22-Aug-14 18:42:59

Store cake? I don't understand the question!

FourEyesGood Fri 22-Aug-14 18:42:59

I'll look after it for you... grin

Floggingmolly Fri 22-Aug-14 18:44:16

How long will it last? grin. 3 minutes in this house

missknows Fri 22-Aug-14 18:45:19

Har har. Unfortunately the storage container that is my belly is full to capacity.

Anyone local to me is welcome to a slice.

But seriously? ?

Do you have a mixing bowl that would fit over the top of it, OP?

missknows Fri 22-Aug-14 18:48:43

Ooo. Yes, that I do. Fridge or no fridge?

FoxSticks Fri 22-Aug-14 18:49:19

You could stick it in a big bowl and clingfilm over the top to stop it drying out. Probably better to store it in your tummy though.

divingoffthebalcony Fri 22-Aug-14 18:49:25

Don't put it in the fridge. It will go really stale.

My FIL once took a cake I'd made out of its perfectly adequate airtight tin and put it in the fridge. It was inedible the next day. I could have killed him.

missknows Fri 22-Aug-14 18:53:27

Thank you all. I'll go remove it from the microwave.

4forksake Fri 22-Aug-14 18:54:36

Wherever you store it, get 2 slices of bread & stuck one on each open side of the cake. This way apparently the bread goes dry & the cake stays moist. No idea if it works but anythings with a try smile

No fridge. Mixing bowl as cake dome. It will be fine.

Lucylouby Fri 22-Aug-14 19:04:44

I never thought to out a mixing bowl over a big cake. Well done mn, you have taught me something new and useful today!
But no, don't put cake in the fridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now