Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Ds wants a rainbow for his birthday.....

(26 Posts)
Tory79 Fri 22-Aug-14 17:47:21

Any suggestions for what I could get him? (He'll be 3)

waithorse Mon 25-Aug-14 07:14:01

Your ds sounds very cute. smile

JellySnakesLadderedTights Mon 25-Aug-14 03:54:38

There is a rainbow aqua doodle, on Amazon a the moment, for £16ish

Also Mothercare do a t-shirt, as part of their Little Bird range, which has a rainbow on it. They do rainbow wellies in there too. And I've seen a rainbow kiddies' umbrella on Amazon, which would match.

Lastly, if you type "wooden bus" into EBay at the moment, somebody is selling wooden toy buses, with rainbows painted on the side. There is about 6 hours left on the listing, but they seem to have quite a few, and will probably re-list the item if you don't see this message in time....

Hopefully you'll find something to make your DS happysmile

GreatSoprendo Fri 22-Aug-14 18:57:50

Or you could wallpaper a wall with rainbow wallpaper like this?

GreatSoprendo Fri 22-Aug-14 18:53:53

A big rainbow on his bedroom wall, like this?

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Fri 22-Aug-14 18:45:07

Aww that's so cute smile

How about a sock bubble rainbow?

Hint: for the love of god make sure you tell him not to suck (learnt from personal experience blush)

KatyMac Fri 22-Aug-14 18:44:22

I bought a wooden one from Sainsbury's recently

Tory79 Fri 22-Aug-14 18:29:23

Yes gastro I rather suspect that he wants an ACTUAL rainbow in the sky to appear permanently, so he's definitely going to be a bit disappointed!

There are some great ideas here, thanks and keep them coming!

His full list of requests is a rainbow, a cake and a red present... I'm finding the latter 2 easier to deal with!

Preciousbane Fri 22-Aug-14 18:15:49

That is so lovely, I reckon get a crystal hanging prism thingy.

gastrognome Fri 22-Aug-14 18:06:48

That's lovely! The rainbow projector or a prism/crystal would certainly do the job, and maybe a rainbow cake if you can be bothered and are the baking type?

Having said that, you might want to check exactly what he means just to be on the safe side - my 3 year old sometimes has very fixed ideas about things and if it were her, she could conceivably be devastated if said rainbow didn't match up to what she was actually imagining...

GobblersKnob Fri 22-Aug-14 18:04:52

Or a bag of skittles wink

GobblersKnob Fri 22-Aug-14 18:04:17

Enormous box filled with multicoloured helium balloons?

Livvylongpants Fri 22-Aug-14 18:02:04

My DD wants a birthday party in which she takes all her friends in an aeroplane to the beach, swim across the sea and then have a racing car cake. It must also be on a Wednesday. She is also going to be 3

KittenOverlord Fri 22-Aug-14 18:01:09

Ooh yes I was going to suggest one of those rainbow projectors too! Or one of those madly expensive wooden ones that you can DO THINGS with. The ones you see in a lot of hipster parent blogs and instagram, with the other devastatingly attractive wooden toys...

JollyGolightly Fri 22-Aug-14 17:59:36

Buy a prism and a torch. In a dark room, shine the light through the prism. The white light will split into its constituent colours; a rainbow.

KittyandTeal Fri 22-Aug-14 17:56:04

Google 'little Cornish button'. She does beautiful personalised rainbows out of buttons. Very cute.

scarletoconnor Fri 22-Aug-14 17:53:14

No suggestions sorry, but it is the cutest thread title I have ever seen smile

Or this rainbow kite
There are cheaper ones, but they're not rainbow shaped.

Muskey Fri 22-Aug-14 17:52:09

The crystals are beautiful I have one in my house it makes me so happy to see my rainbows

Floggingmolly Fri 22-Aug-14 17:51:44

The Rainbow in my Room projector is good - it beams a rainbow onto the ceiling.

figgypuddings Fri 22-Aug-14 17:51:24

x-p with PomBear!

Ahhhhhhhh how lovely.
How about this.

Betrayedbutsurvived Fri 22-Aug-14 17:51:19
figgypuddings Fri 22-Aug-14 17:50:49

One of those crystals that you hang up at the window plus crayons, paper etc?

WaffleWiffle Fri 22-Aug-14 17:50:49

Rainbow sponge cake?

One of those crystals that hang in the window and splash rainbows round the room. Then hope it's sunny so it works grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now