Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I'm just having a Gumtree Induced Rant here................ ....

(2 Posts)

When Gumtree sellers want to sell on their pets (and my specific pet interest is guinea-pigs but I'm sure all small furries and dogs and cats apply) with the kids lost interest/ he's not getting the attention he deserves/ we got a dog so we haven't got time now for the guinea-pig

If the child is allergic (not ideal but in some cases you can work round it, my DD is allergic to one of our piggies) or someone is moving , or work patterns change then that's one thing.

But if the kids just CBA........ I mean how bloody long does it take to feed, clean and cuddle an animal?
I really feel like phoning these sellers (and 99% of them want ££ for the cage and ££ for the animal, so they're not rehoming out of the goodness of their heart, they want recompensed) . Tell them to just get their kids (who probably nagged ppleaded and promised to get them) to MAN UP. Just do it.
What does it teach a child to say "Oh you don't want the irritating little animal now. Let's get shot. Provided they don't turn up in a "J.Smith Furriers" van or "Snakes R Us" then they can buy them"
End of, responsibility absolved.

Phone a Rescue. Get them rehomed responsibly (they won't pay you Boo Hoo they might ask for a donation)

Or bite the bullet and take the poor litle blighters to the vet. Then you'll know they won't be hoiked about from pillar to post.

<<Done now>> angry

Loletta Tue 19-Aug-14 22:57:33

Yes except I excuse people who underestimate what it means to have an animal the first time and don't make the same mistake again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now