Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Did you eat at Kingston on Thames MacDonalds today? Are you OK?

(26 Posts)
chinamoon Tue 19-Aug-14 22:37:50

DS1 has food poisoning. Had cheeseburger and fries at MacDonalds. (As a rare treat hmm ) Can't think what else could have caused it, unless it was food he had at friend's sleepover last night. But DS2 also at MacD's and sleepover and he's fine.

Just wondered if anyone else is feeling dodgy as we're trying to work out what's caused it.

divingoffthebalcony Tue 19-Aug-14 22:40:19

I think your chances of figuring this out via MN is pretty slim, unfortunately.

Could it be a stomach bug, rather than food poisoning?

chinamoon Tue 19-Aug-14 22:51:50

Yes, but if a few people came on and said yes, it would suggest food poisoning so worth asking. How else could I get hold of random strangers who ate in a specific MacDonald's?

Could be a bug though the rest of us feel fine.

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Tue 19-Aug-14 22:56:40

What did he eat at the sleepover?

McDonald's is pretty safe generally and none of their food is actually real enough to go off is it? wink

Devora Tue 19-Aug-14 22:57:03

We were there recently, but not today. Are you sure it was food poisoning? my kids had a vomiting bug a couple of weeks ago.

BitchPeas Tue 19-Aug-14 22:57:42

When I used to work in hospitality, we had a form for people to fill if they claimed we had given them food poisoning. It always asked for the name of the doctor/hospital that had treated you, as if you hadn't been hospitalised and diagnosed officially, then it's virus/bug as they are a lot more common than people think, food poisoning can severely dehydrate you/kill you, but people always claim to have had it. 99% of the time it's the noro virus etc.

BertieBotts Tue 19-Aug-14 22:58:29

Did he just eat a load of sweets and crap at the sleepover and then vomit from excitement and too much sugar? DS has done that before.

ChairmanWow Tue 19-Aug-14 23:01:04

Contact Environmental Health if you're concerned about food poisoning. They will do relevant testing (vomit/stool samples and if nec an inspection of McDonalds). But there's a lot of noro fo

ChairmanWow Tue 19-Aug-14 23:03:24

Aaargh, not finished! A lot of noro going round at the mo. Three out of four in my house have had it this last week, plus friends and other kids at nursery. Sure it's food poisoning?

Kablooger Tue 19-Aug-14 23:03:47

He's tired. That's why. It plays havoc with kids digestion. Son played sport all day sat and had a terrible night with the squints.

bananananacoconuts Tue 19-Aug-14 23:06:54

I thought dd had food poisoning a fee weeks ago... Til her brother got the same bug a couple of days later, swiftly followed by me hmm

callamia Tue 19-Aug-14 23:07:07

I thought I had food poisoning at the weekend, I'd eaten a takeaway with everyone else, but it was only me who was I'll - I can only imagine it was a sick bug (that only I got). I think it's something going round - it did feel a lot like food poisoning, but lasted for less time.

KnittedJimmyChoos Tue 19-Aug-14 23:07:25

call your council EH dept, they will tell you whether the macs has had any recent complaints or a visit etc.

we had the most severe awful food poising from there once ( in our town) dh and i had chicken nuggets - luke warm, dd didnt touch them.

I was so ill I had to shuffle pucking after two days to out of hours and he said he would give me an injection.

they have all these temp things and so on , but many times had cold chips, luke warm burgers, just ebcause they have controls does not mean they are followed.

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Aug-14 23:07:48

The whole Sparkling family get the wild shites if we eat burgers from McD's. When DS2 gets constipated he asks to go there. sad

TheFairyCaravan Tue 19-Aug-14 23:12:06

I've just had a terrible stomach bug. I was the only one who got it yet again. There's a lot going around.

What did he drink?
My DD always used to vomit after chocolate milkshake. Not anything wrong with the drink, I don't know if it was too rich/ too sweet?

LongFingers Tue 19-Aug-14 23:16:44

I was hospitalised once with food poisoning. They took samples and confirmed it. I had campylobacter it was far worse than IBS, the pains and symptoms were so severe.

The only other time I felt that ill was from swine flu.

TobyZiegler Tue 19-Aug-14 23:20:06

There's a vomiting bug going around at the moment, it's probably that.

chinamoon Tue 19-Aug-14 23:20:52

grin grin grin at mini Sparkling's request.

He has had zero sleep and has eaten unspeakable amounts of rubbish so could well be a virus or bug not food poisoning. But he fairly often eats a lot of rubbish on holiday as we eat out with relatives a lot and they always 'treat' DC to vile burger joints and placed where everything is fried, and it never seems to affect him.

He was so ill, poor thing, he cried. Don't remember last time he cried. He's tucked up in my bed now and has finally fallen asleep.

Kablooger Tue 19-Aug-14 23:22:20

Oh that's not just tiredness then

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Aug-14 23:23:44

Hope he feels better in the morning china, and I hope it's not a bug so you won't get it too.

ladygracie Tue 19-Aug-14 23:26:34

We had McDonald's last week (not the same branch as you) & my son had a dodgy stomach afterwards. It only lasted for that day & he was fine by morning.

chinamoon Tue 19-Aug-14 23:30:37

Had no idea there's a norovirus going round at the moment. Probably just that. Hope he's better by tomorrow.

LongFingers you've had bad luck!

70s not sure what he drank. DS2 is the same with choc milk. It's just too rich, except that low fat low sugar Yazoo type. He used to beg for it on special occasions but it never went down well.

StrictlySalsaDancingDiva Tue 19-Aug-14 23:51:01

I have just recovered from food poisoning, was campylobacter like PP. Never been as ill as that and it went for days sad

Was told it takes 2 -10 days incubating, so not that easy to pinpoint what caused it!

Hope DS feels better soon.

Doubtfuldaphne Tue 19-Aug-14 23:56:44

McDonald's makes me like that every time I have it. No idea why. (Needless to say I don't eat it now)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now