Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Fgs i wish everyone would leave me alone

(19 Posts)
fabulousfour Tue 19-Aug-14 22:28:53

3 out of 4 dcs have gone on holiday an hour away with pil. Dc3 returned the first day and went back the next day. My preteen had a period related, must not be spiken out problem which involved me visiting, dhs second vist of the day.

Dd1 returned today was supposed to be there til friday. Pil have invited themselves to stay for the weekend. Dc4 is under 2 and still awake and has headbutted me in the nose. Ow.

Dh has just shouted me to find his phone and put the ringer on, im in bed.

I might take myself off to a hotel at the weekend.

fabulousfour Tue 19-Aug-14 22:29:50

Im so fed up, thst did'nt make sense.

seagull70 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:31:42

Fuck em'

Do it and come back in a week. You are not the lowest common denominator so don't let them treat you like one.

seagull70 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:33:02

Sorry you're feeling so fed up.

How old are your DC's?

fabulousfour Tue 19-Aug-14 22:36:04

Thanks. seagull there 12,9,5 and 21 months. Sadly finances and childcare wont stretch to a week but sorley tempted by overnighter.

IsChippyMintonExDirectory Tue 19-Aug-14 22:38:43

flowers and hug OP. Get tht bag packed mrs and put your feet up!

AdoraBell Tue 19-Aug-14 22:39:24

I pretend to be asleep/deaf if I'm in bed and DH wants things like his phone.

In fact, there has even been a time that he asked me to get him some breakfast but on the basis that I had already done breakfast everyone, and DDs packed lunches, and then gone back to bed while he did the school run I was, naturally, sound asleepwink

Failing actually going to a hotel could you get a migraine, put your back out, something like that which means you have to stay in bed and be waited on?

fabulousfour Tue 19-Aug-14 22:39:25

Ahh cheers chippy

seagull70 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:39:31

Is your DH normally supportive? If it's not convenient for PIL's to visit then can you defer them or would they help out a bit?

IsChippyMintonExDirectory Tue 19-Aug-14 22:41:43

adora if my DH has cheeky requests I say "hang on" and pretend to ratch around in something then produce my middle finger for him. Childish but effective grin

fabulousfour Tue 19-Aug-14 22:43:31

I like your thinking adorabell. I'm just wondering wether to see if any friends are free for a drink at the pub tomorrow night. grin

Im also hacked off that they expect dinner, dh does'nt get in until 7. I find it alot to cook for 8 people with 4 dcs especially my toddler. I've a good mind to make dinner for the dcs and leave them to it.

fabulousfour Tue 19-Aug-14 22:44:23

They don't ask if its ok they just expect it.

fabulousfour Tue 19-Aug-14 22:46:37

Dh generally supportive but finds it hard standing up to his parentssad i feel like saying its not convient but they have booked a hotel without checking now as there is no room at our house.

IsChippyMintonExDirectory Tue 19-Aug-14 22:48:38

fabulous whenever I have people stay I now have a rule that we get takeaways and everyone pays for their own, I always warn them though. Even if it's just a £1.50 bag of chips from local chippy. I got sick of spending a fortune on good food and cooking like a mad woman half the time! It works well and everyone gets a treat!

AdoraBell Tue 19-Aug-14 22:56:36

Frozen pizza is a complete meal. As is a take away brought home by DH after work for the adults, you know, after DCs have had their meal earlier in the day. Coz DCs get hungry earlier than adults. True fact.

Chippy mine would be even more childish and sulk, so I start off ignoring and bypass the flouncy part. Another tack I use is never having the faintest idea where someone might have left something.

YY to going out with friends, good plan.

fabulousfour Tue 19-Aug-14 23:03:02

The way I feel right now they are going to have to sort their own take away out. sure 3 adults can do that

fabulousfour Tue 19-Aug-14 23:04:00

Its not even the work involved so much but the lack of respect

AdoraBell Tue 19-Aug-14 23:22:55

I yes, I can see that. My ILs are the same, and my DH also has trouble standing up to them. Living abroad for well over a decade has helped him and now he will get in first and say "we'll meet you at such and such restaurant, as it's halfway between you and our hotel "

Which means - no mum, we are not going to spend two weeks sleeping on your couch/ floor and be eternally grateful plus tell the entire extended family what an absolute saint you've been to out up with us for so long.

fabulousfour Tue 19-Aug-14 23:33:26

Its annoying isn't adorabell, what are they going to do? Sulk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now