Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I've just bought a footner thing!

(134 Posts)
bambinibop Tue 19-Aug-14 20:57:52

Is it going to be hideous??

DueOct30th Tue 19-Aug-14 21:06:10

Nah I did it, the skin peels off but it's not overly gross, it doesn't hurt at all. but be warned it took about 2 weeks in total for mine to peel. Not great if you have something planned for the weekend

MrsKoala Tue 19-Aug-14 21:06:17

Yes

DueOct30th Tue 19-Aug-14 21:06:41

There was a thread in style and beauty that inspired me grin

Cereal0ffender Tue 19-Aug-14 21:07:10

Jesus Christ mrskoala there is no need for that

bambinibop Tue 19-Aug-14 21:10:12

Mrs koala I have been following your thread and I hadn't heard of footner until reading it so I have you to thank if it goes well...! Hope you are doing okay!
Ok so I need to do it when I have 2 weeks where I don't want to wear sandals?

misstiredbuthappy Tue 19-Aug-14 21:13:44

Is footner one of them cheese grater type things for your feet ?

bambinibop Tue 19-Aug-14 21:17:42

Ha! No my understanding it is a bag to put over your feet for an hour then your foot starts peeling like made and you get nice new feet! But I'm no expert yet!

misstiredbuthappy Tue 19-Aug-14 21:24:51

Oh im thinking of ped egg grin

Sounds good though.

I need it blush

I want to do this to my feet, but have a friend's wedding just under 2 weeks away and nice strappy shoes to wear so will have to wait sad

TheCSLibraryPree Tue 19-Aug-14 21:32:44

I too have been inspired by the footner discussion on Mrs Koala's threads - along with my sister (also a m'netter!) buying one after reading in the same place about it!!

I am going to Boots tomorrow to see if they've got it in stock here then am buying it if they have - and will have to do it tomorrow as I'm due to go away in 12 days time and want the peeling to have stopped by the time I go away!!

Cereal0ffender Tue 19-Aug-14 21:52:26

I bought some oven pride today, I might try that in my feet

MrsKoala Tue 19-Aug-14 21:59:29

Don't worry it does get better smile

Apologies Cereal - i didn't mean to alarm anyone.

MrsKoala Tue 19-Aug-14 22:01:21

Perhaps i should contact footner and ask for some kind of discount because all the business my manky feet are bringing their way wink

bambinibop Tue 19-Aug-14 22:22:02

I think you should Mrs koala! I'm going to go for it and hope I don't want to show my feet for a few weeks!

ShadyMyLady Tue 19-Aug-14 22:33:13

Does it hurt or make the area sensitive? I want to try it but am a wuss and I don't want to if it'll hurt!

misstiredbuthappy Tue 19-Aug-14 22:35:26

I want to try it on my trotters but I don't want sore feet as im on my feet all day in work.

Half price in Sainsbos at moment.

MrsKoala Tue 19-Aug-14 22:52:33

Not sore at all (unless you peel it off when it's not ready). Just let it peel off naturally and soak it and rough dry with towels and it will come off itself. Don't do it in summer/when you want to wear sandals. You will have crusty skin in bed in the mornings and will probably need to hoover more.

DH was not impressed and made me promise to only do it in winter and keep socks of so i didn't shed all over the place blush

I used Purederm which was less than a fiver from amazon. Same results I think- I shed a lot of dead manky foot skin!

TheCSLibraryPree Wed 20-Aug-14 12:32:01

Right then, just had a call asking me to go to my sisters this afternoon to sort out dad's hearing aid which has come apart and mum can't put back together. Therefore, I'm going to go into the Sainsbugs near her house to do some general shopping and will pick up Footner at the same time!!

MrsKoala Wed 20-Aug-14 14:54:22

oooh do before, during and after pics please. Happy picking smile

bambinibop Wed 20-Aug-14 19:54:27

Mine hasn't arrived yet but my mum bought one today as well!! I may get her to go first as I'm a little nervous...good luck everyone doing it!

olivo Wed 20-Aug-14 20:05:24

I I'd mine on Friday and today it has really come into its own! Mostly on the toes, peeling beautifully. I have been picking slightly obsessively today blush. Not sure the lady doing my reflexology at the weekend will be too impressed though! Oops!

TheDietStartsTomorrow Wed 20-Aug-14 20:11:11

Oh my. That looks gross. (Sorry Mrs K). I was going to buy but will my feet be hideous until the skin peels off?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now