Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Legoland tomorrow, with crisp packets, advice please

(9 Posts)
2mummies Tue 19-Aug-14 19:31:54

Hello,

We are planning to take our 4 (nearly 5) year old DD to Legoland tomorrow. We have 3 crisp packets with vouchers on. I'm gathering that we will get the child entry at half price when taking her in with a full paying adult, and that the other adult can get in half price if paying in a different transaction, would this be correct?

Also, any general advice? All very welcome. We will be taking a picnic - can't pay their food prices! Are Q-bot's worth it? Our DD won't be desperate to go on loads of rides, just a few, think she will mostly be impressed with the whole Lego-ness of it all! The pirate show thingy sounds good (not sure of details!) do you have to book this in advance, or just turn up to it? Also, any advice for best leaving time so as not to be sat in traffic for ages, as we've got a 100 mile journey home.

Many thanks in advance smile

alwaysdoinglaundry Tue 19-Aug-14 19:57:42

Qbot definitely worth it unless you have an unusually patient 4 year old.exoect queues of 1-2 hours per ride without it. Pirate show you just turn up. Agree about food it is pricey even for theme park standards!

NormHonal Tue 19-Aug-14 20:01:24

Arrive early, the traffic queues and queues at the entry kiosks have been huge this week.

You probably want to get there no later than around 9.15am for the 10am opening.

QBots are worth it if you don't like huge queues for rides and want to make the most of your day there.

hairymonkey Tue 19-Aug-14 20:04:23

You get a free child ticket when you buy the Lego moviefor £10, if you get 2 of those probably cheaper than half price iyswim save the film for stocking fillers.

noblegiraffe Tue 19-Aug-14 20:14:29

The pirate show is every hour on the hour. Get there at least fifteen minutes beforehand to get a seat, and the show lasts 20 minutes. A good tip is to plan to eat your lunch while waiting/watching. Careful where you sit as if you are sat in the splash/soak zone they spray a hose into the crowd.

Take swimsuits as the splash park/drench towers is excellent.

Qbots are great, but v expensive, so if you're not planning on doing many rides, possibly not worth it.

If you get there early, head to the back of the park to Atlantis as quickly as possible, there won't be much of a queue there, or the rides like Squid Surfer around it.

2mummies Tue 19-Aug-14 21:42:58

Thank you for all of this so far, really helpful smile

DilysMoon Tue 19-Aug-14 22:24:18

We went on Saturday and it was busy but we seemed to do ok, I had been prepared for a nightmare after reading up on it. We didn't queue for more than half an hour for a ride and the kids had a great time. Didn't bother with a QBot in the end as they didn't want to go on all the rides.

The busiest part we found was Duplo area where the outdoor splash Park was (take swimming costume and towel) but again they only waited 20 mins to go on it, it just seemed very congested.

The slowest queue was the sky ride at the end and it didn't last very long.

All in all a great day.

MrsDumbledore Tue 19-Aug-14 22:34:43

There is a legoland thread in the days out section with loads of useful advice. Have a fab time. We went with 4yo dd recently and I think it's the ideal age.

tapdancingmum Tue 19-Aug-14 23:10:13

Check your vouchers again as they normall only entitle you to one half price with a full paying adult and if I read your thread there are only 3 of you. My suggestion would be take a pushchair and put your lo in it and pass them off as a large 3year old. Also helps if your DP takes it through the kiosk area whilst you pay. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now