Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If pay day is next Tuesday do you think they will pay you Friday?

(21 Posts)
Pico2 Tue 19-Aug-14 20:21:27

Jammy - isn't that basically the meaning of employment?

JammyDodger1 Tue 19-Aug-14 20:17:44

ILove its absolute crap, they think because they pay a wage we are beholded to them!

Pico2 Tue 19-Aug-14 20:17:33

If he submitted his expenses on time, but someone cocked up, then I would expect them to make an extra payment run to pay his expenses rather than wait until next month. As Middling said, contact HR or Finance and ask them to pay by BACS, you should get the payment that day.

IloveJudgeJudy Tue 19-Aug-14 19:53:49

I find it utterly disgraceful that his expenses haven't been paid. We have this, too. It's even more upsetting when you find that people higher up are allocated company credit cards so don't have to wait to be reimbursed. I feel for you. Try to get the company to pay any charges. I know this doesn't help you in the short term.

dementedma Tue 19-Aug-14 19:52:44

Due to be paid on Monday and have a grim weekend ahead. We only get paid early if it falls on a Saturday or Sunday and then we get it on the Friday.

JammyDodger1 Tue 19-Aug-14 19:46:40

Thanks, he did submit them on time, but they sat on someone's desk past the deadline,

he has had a credit card before and it got out of control so I cleared and stopped it, am trying not to get another as mortgage due for renewal in October and are looking for a better rate. smile

LittleBearPad Tue 19-Aug-14 19:34:02

It would only be paid early if he was due to be paid on Monday, sorry.

middlings Tue 19-Aug-14 19:30:46

Did he submit his expenses on time? Get him onto HR or Finance tomorrow and tell them to do a BACS transfer. They can't leave you short of cash! He should go to the big boss if he has to.

I ask did he submit on time as my DH has awards for letting his company earn interest on our money rather than us! Drives me potty.

AndWhat Tue 19-Aug-14 19:25:30

Some banks will show your Tuesday money on Saturday. Barclays and The Royal Bank of Scotland Group are 2 that I know of.

JammyDodger1 Tue 19-Aug-14 19:25:17

surely that will be paid early? If due on a Bank Holiday, that will be?

Nomama Tue 19-Aug-14 19:24:46

And get him a credit card that you use ONLY for expenses. It is ridiculous to be short of food because of work related expenses.

And send him to finance/wages for a sub, if they neglected to pay him they can stump up an advance in lieu.

Smilesandpiles Tue 19-Aug-14 19:23:28

Thank you

gamerchick Tue 19-Aug-14 19:22:27

Probably the Friday for tax credits.

Smilesandpiles Tue 19-Aug-14 19:20:56

I forgot about that.

What about Tax credit due on the Monay - if anyone has them. Will they be paid early?

LIZS Tue 19-Aug-14 19:14:54

no .

JammyDodger1 Tue 19-Aug-14 19:12:05

pants! Just clutching at straws, they are as slack as a bag of spanners at his work, no with my luck it the moment is ZERO!

maddy68 Tue 19-Aug-14 19:05:35

I would Expect it to be Tuesday

gamerchick Tue 19-Aug-14 19:05:13

Doubtful but you can hope.

CecyHall Tue 19-Aug-14 19:04:32

No, if it was due Monday or Sunday or Saturday then yes but DH's would go in Tuesday.

You might be lucky though.

MirandaWest Tue 19-Aug-14 19:04:16

If his pay day is Tuesday then I'd assume it will be Tuesday I'm afraid sad Monday probably would have been paid early but not Tuesday.

JammyDodger1 Tue 19-Aug-14 19:02:47

With the Bank holiday being Monday?

His blooming firm didn't pay his expenses last month so we struggling this month,
We don't have a credit card, so he pays expenses out of our account but it's never been a problem before as I have always had some money put aside, but the washing machine broke down, summer childcare costs etc have eaten them up, just hoping they will put money in early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now