Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Drunk online shopping

(85 Posts)
angeltulips Tue 19-Aug-14 18:41:53

Has this been discussed yet on mn? I can imagine there being a few stories to tell.

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/aug/19/-sp-drunk-online-shopping-regrets

Fortunately I've never been afflicted myself (drunk SMSes a different story when in my youth, but never shopping....)

Bogeyface Wed 20-Aug-14 22:20:22

Oh I can remember them, but what I cant do after a few is type them in!

NormHonal Wed 20-Aug-14 21:57:58

I've memorised my card numbers too. blush

angeltulips Wed 20-Aug-14 21:53:26

Bogeyface sadly I have an excellent memory for numbers and REMEMBER my cc numbers & details. It is sometimes a problem - even when sober!

Bogeyface Wed 20-Aug-14 08:34:10

I have disabled one click buying on everything and dont store my card details either. Not storing cards was for online security but a happy side effect has been that the delay is often enough to stop me. If I cant get my card number in correctly after 2 goes then thats usually enough time for the sober bit of my brain to kick some sense into the rest of it and say "OI! If you cant type, you cant think, step away from the checkout" grin

Eminybob Wed 20-Aug-14 03:18:29

I used to buy stuff off those late night infomercials while drunk back when it was TV shopping rather than online that was big. Scissors that can cut through a whole chicken anyone? My arse they could.

These days it's usually stuff off amazon on the middle of the night while half asleep feeding the baby. Usually after someone raving about it in here. Ordered a chiropody sponge after seeing it on a thread the other night blush

Damn you "buy now with one click" button hmm

Blamenargles Wed 20-Aug-14 02:01:16

My friend bought a car, best thing was she doesn't drive. Her husband wasn't best pleased and banned her from using her phone when drunk.

I had to google 'Countdown' Rachel Riley (don't live in UK). Sadly, no. But wouldn't that be funny? 'What specifically from Rachel Riley?' You're cute grin.

sold not sole.

shock I used to HAVE a Holly Hobby TV-Dinner lap tray! DB had a He-Man one. Bloody DM angry. I could have made a freaking fortune on Ebay if she hadn't sole my entire childhood in garage sales. I had the ENTIRE fleet of original My little Ponies, all the Care Bears, every BUNTY!, Jackie, Blue Jeans, Mandy, Jack and Jill, Playhour and Twinkle Annual ever published.

Justpickone Wed 20-Aug-14 00:09:19

Priscilla that is hilarious! Hannah Montana tongs! Did you use them?

Justpickone Wed 20-Aug-14 00:04:57

In my misspent youth I booked a flight to Amsterdam at about 4am, still no idea how I managed to input relevant info.
Still went though, was fun!

Dontgotosleep Wed 20-Aug-14 00:03:21

Ha ha. King. Yes it's very good. quiet tearful though.

MrsWinnibago Wed 20-Aug-14 00:02:11

I buy weird vintage stuff from America. I once paid 34 pounds in postage for a battered Holly Hobby lap tray. confused It had legs...I thought I needed it.

I've also had old boxes of smelly plastic Christmas ornaments from Daytona, Grand Rapids and other exotically named but grim in reality American towns. grin

Bogeyface Wed 20-Aug-14 00:01:56

Oh Em Gee.

Just googled RR, £99 for a simple cotton dress?! I thought that spending £10 on fabric for one for DD was excessive!

Bogeyface Tue 19-Aug-14 23:54:51

Oscar what literally from Rachel Riley? Countdown Rachel Riley?!

Bogeyface Tue 19-Aug-14 23:52:58

Aww BOF he looks so sad!

Cant you at least get his mouth shut then he might look a bit less scarey?

I think he is cute and would be adorable if you could just make him look like he hadnt just had major jaw surgery!

Fairyfellowsmasterstroke Tue 19-Aug-14 23:48:12

FFS BOF - I'm going to need therapy after seeing that!!!

What the feck possessed you????

BOFster Tue 19-Aug-14 23:02:17

Shark suits for cats and babies deserve to be sold out. And the cat in this clip needs an award for deadpanning.

I once bought all three of my kids tiny tweed and velvet-trimmed outfits from Rachel Riley (only appropriate for tea with her Maj) after a 'Me Party' involving a bottle of Sauvignon and several copies of HELLO. They wore them once, complained they were 'scratchy' and then outgrew them. I didn't even get a picture sad.

Bumblebee kitten clothes sound a much better investment. Have y'all seen Beedogs ? Not sure if there's a feline version...

TheReluctantCountess Tue 19-Aug-14 22:58:04

BOF he's adorable! You need to buy him a little chair to sit in.

Ordered a Clarins eye make up palette whilst hammered tipsy on Saturday night. Still waiting for it to arrive, still feeling guilty.

D0oinMeCleanin Tue 19-Aug-14 22:55:29

I don't drunk online shop for me but dd1 has a knack of knowing when just the right amount of wine has been consumed to request <insert overpriced tat/clothes out of her usual budget>

Not enough wine and she'll get the hmm face. Too much wine and she'll be told to sod off to bed.

She's fancying a cornsnake atm. I am staying sober until she forgets the idea wink

BOFster Tue 19-Aug-14 22:54:07

How did the bumblebee kitten outfit win the thread when i hadnt shown you the antique ventriloquist dummy?

leadrightfoot Tue 19-Aug-14 22:50:09

I bought a car
Of the sports variety
With 2 seats
Without a roof

I had two cars already ..... one was a sports 2seater convertible. WTAF..

I also buy shite stuff on flea bay that's soooooooo useful Tuesdays are a revelation when the post man arrives
I need a not possible when pissed eBay code

PricillaQueenOfTheDessert Tue 19-Aug-14 22:49:59

Hannah Montana curling tongs. No, I don't have a DD, they were for me blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now