Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Drunk online shopping

(85 Posts)
angeltulips Tue 19-Aug-14 18:41:53

Has this been discussed yet on mn? I can imagine there being a few stories to tell.

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/aug/19/-sp-drunk-online-shopping-regrets

Fortunately I've never been afflicted myself (drunk SMSes a different story when in my youth, but never shopping....)

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Tue 19-Aug-14 18:44:28

Yes, a copy of Save The Last Dance turned up for me the other day.

Checked Amazon. Definitely me who ordered it.

No idea.

confused

Is it any good? Might watch it later.

QOD Tue 19-Aug-14 18:45:43

I went for a 3 hour pub lunch today and have bought my daughter a dress and agreed to low lights and a hair cut for her
Sabotage

Spurtle Tue 19-Aug-14 18:48:42

DH and I bought two iPads after a couple of bottles of wine. He wanted a mini, I wanted full size, so we bought both. Seemed perfectly reasonable at the time. Still haven't paid off the one we put in the credit card.

angeltulips Tue 19-Aug-14 18:49:53

I thought Save the Last Dance was absolutely crapola

Can you regift it? [hopeful]

commsgirl Tue 19-Aug-14 18:50:53

I've got a friend who's terrible for this. Most nights out she'll end up ordering something she sees someone else wearing that she likes. She's done the iPad thing as well.

jammygem Tue 19-Aug-14 19:24:17

Yeah, I've been known to do this a few times...

Most recent purchase was a bumbebee outfit for a kitten hmm No idea... my cat is definitely no longer a kitten and I'm definitely not one of those people who dress their pets anyway

A couple of months ago, despairing of dating/being messed around by a bloke, I went on a shopping spree on my kindle of all the He's Just Not That Into You/Stop Kissing Frogs/Power Texting Men/Make Every Man Want You crap. Really quite embarrassing now I think about it. blush

jammygem Tue 19-Aug-14 19:25:53

Haha! QOD Your daughter is brilliant grin

Edieandkoala Tue 19-Aug-14 19:29:08

Apple obsessed Dh bought me an iPhone 5c on when we we'd had a few last week. He had no idea until he read his emails the next day. He also sent ds (11) a text promising he could have my old iPhone 4, ds came back from his sleepover all excited, so he couldn't really get out of it! Luckily, he ordered the only colour I like, down side is we can't afford a weekend away now!

I'm sure there was a poster who drunkenly ordered artificial turf, with the idea of using it in her lounge.

ShadyMyLady Tue 19-Aug-14 20:11:13

I love these threads, they're hilarious.

Artificial turf for the lounge, bloody brilliant grin.

EatShitDerek Tue 19-Aug-14 20:14:01

I woke up with a tattoo once. And went into shops after a liquid lunch/dinner/tea.. Had to return most of the clothes as they were shite grin

littlewhitebag Tue 19-Aug-14 20:14:48

I drunk ordered a really expensive footstool to match an armchair in my sitting room. Luckily it was perfect and i really like it!

velourvoyageur Tue 19-Aug-14 20:17:12

I booked a trip to Berlin once.
And went, it was awesome grin
And one to Paris....

Clothes, well that's just par for the course, occupational hazard etc!

ShadyMyLady Tue 19-Aug-14 20:17:41

What tattoo was it derek?

NormHonal Tue 19-Aug-14 20:22:15

I've put down a deposit on a few nights away next summer.

It will be good, the DCs will love it, and it isn't that expensive...but DH needs convincing. blush

EatShitDerek Tue 19-Aug-14 20:26:11

shady big star ribbon thing on my wrist. Don't do things by half

wellcoveredsparerib Tue 19-Aug-14 20:27:04

I bought a telescope when there was a lovely full moon and after a few glasses of wine.

Its not moved from the back of the shed for a about 18 months.

SomeKindOfDeliciousBiscuit Tue 19-Aug-14 20:29:00

For me it's iTunes and musicnotes.com (piano scores - I can hardly play with both hands)

I don't even have to be drunk...

dexter73 Tue 19-Aug-14 20:31:16

I bought a massive darts board cupboard thing once after we came back from the pub absolutely steaming and had been playing darts. It is still in the shed as it is so massive and we have nowhere to put it!

dexter73 Tue 19-Aug-14 20:31:51

The Shed - where drunk internet purchases are shamefully hidden!

Memphisbelly Tue 19-Aug-14 20:33:05

2 ipads here too, one full size and one mini as I missed dh and thought we could facetime each other when he was away.

ThatBloodyWoman Tue 19-Aug-14 20:33:12

I'm a bugger for bidding on ebay whenI'm pissed for clothes I don't need.

Sundaysmumisfullofwine Tue 19-Aug-14 20:34:51

tickets to see Elton John. I don't even like Elton John.

ShadyMyLady Tue 19-Aug-14 20:37:09

That actually sounds nice derek, could'be been worse, you could've ended up like this beauty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now