Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Fed up with everything

(14 Posts)
JadeJ123 Tue 19-Aug-14 14:54:02

Just that really.
Dh works 6 days a week Monday till Saturday 8-6 so never properly see him as he goes sleep when he gets home.
One of the cats has liver failure.
DSD always has something to complain about.
We've just realised getting a 3rd dog was a bad decision as oldest dog absolutely hates him and fights him at any chance sad
Most of my friends are pregnant which I'm happy for them but feel left out in conversations and excluded when they do things
I'm probably being over sensitive but isn't fun when you realise your not that important to them/ a way too kill time.
I've got to cook dinner for 7 people as dh invited people over FFS.
And there's no alcohol in the house sad

Coumarin Tue 19-Aug-14 17:37:34

wine wine

I just wrote a long reply and accidentally deleted it, sorry.

In summary, I'm very sorry your cat is unwell. Your DH sounds pretty inconsiderate. Go and buy wine. Drink it.

X

Coumarin Tue 19-Aug-14 17:38:15

Unless you have a problem with alcohol on which case,
Buy chocolate. Eat it.

Coumarin Tue 19-Aug-14 17:39:54

Sorry that was so flippant. I'm not very good today. I do sympathise though. It all sounds really stressful and it's no wonder you're fed up.

4boysxhappy Tue 19-Aug-14 17:43:49

Just wanted to say hugs x

Dookles Tue 19-Aug-14 17:51:01

Stick a couple of pizzas in the oven, get yourself some chocolate /wine or icecream (or all of them!) and curl up with them and read a good book or watch a film..

In the words of the great Brian blessed. "bollocks to it!" smile

Cheer up!

JadeJ123 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:27:31

Made dh cook which he was less than impressed with and ended up with me in bed with the cats asleep at the end and dh on the sofa for the night.
Chocolate makes me feel sick so don't eat it sad and DSD buggered off to a friends for the night.
Here's hoping tomorrow's a better day

Mrsgrumble Tue 19-Aug-14 22:34:15

Well why does dh go to bed - 8 to 6 is not excessive ! ?

Glad you didn't cook for all his friends. No harm to let him do it. Might make him think twice the next time?

Could you find a suitable family to take dog number three? Might make a nice pet for the right people.

Put yourself first more flowers

JadeJ123 Wed 20-Aug-14 09:18:57

Because he's tired and I just don't get how tired he is hmm

3rd Dog is a lovely dog and I know we will have to rehome him but I feel bad for bringing him into the home then rehoming him sad

Timeforabiscuit Wed 20-Aug-14 09:25:40

Try not to feel bad, its not like you have tried and 3rd dog would doubtless be better off too.

Very glad you didn't cook for his friends, its a rude assumption in my book when your expected to drop everything and cater for a whimsy on your husbands part.

I hope you have a chance to regroup, it sounds like you have a plan to tackle each part of the stress - you just need the reserves to push through.

JadeJ123 Wed 20-Aug-14 14:13:05

3rd dogs going back to his breeder on Friday who home checks every home for each dog/puppy.

Would have conversation about last night with dh but he's going to the pub with his friends straight after work angry

magicalmrmistofelees Wed 20-Aug-14 19:17:59

So he's too tired to stay up with you when he gets home, but fine to have friends for dinner and to go to the pub? I wouldn't be amused with that! Suggest to him that he might be less tired if he doesn't go to the pub after work.

crazykat Wed 20-Aug-14 20:10:44

I'm not surprised you're fed up. A six day week seems long but working 8-6 isn't that bad unless its a physical job with a long commute. Even then he clearly isn't too tired to go out after work so should be able to spend time with you on a night.

My DH works long hours in a physical job mon-fri, plus driving up to 2 hours before and after as he works off site and is the foreman. He can be out of the house anywhere between 10 and 14 hours yet still helps with the kids bath and bedtime while I cook our dinner and make the next days pack ups.

Your DH needs to sort his priorities out. Going to the pub with workmates when he has a wife and child at home sure as hell shouldn't be one of them.

Fair enough to invite mates round but not if he's normally too tired to have a conversation with you after work.

If my DH was like this I'd be having a serious conversation about priorities and what it takes to make a marriage work.

JadeJ123 Wed 20-Aug-14 22:14:05

He always has friends round and expects me to cook!
He's the head mechanic so yells at other people to do stuff not actually doing much himself.
He told me he 'can't be arsed to deal with me today' and that he's going to a stag night tomorrow and not expect him home. I can't sit down to have a conversation with him as he'll be on his phone or reduce me to tears.
Never thought a marriage would be like this sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now