Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Tips for shaving bikini area please! <wince>

(13 Posts)
Applelicious Tue 19-Aug-14 14:32:10

I'm usually just a trimmer so I'm not too experienced in shaving <whispers> 'down there'
I fancied a change last night and decided to shave the whole lot off which I've only done twice before in my life. I remembered WHY I don't do it regularly, because I now have the most hideous looking shaving rash. All spotty, hot and angry looking!

I really don't want to wax so looking for tips from successful shavers.

I'm pretty sure just using a moisturising shower gel to shave with wasn't a great idea (I usually use it for my legs blush )

Applelicious Tue 19-Aug-14 21:32:48

Anyone wanna help a rashy woman out grin
<genuinely not a weird perve>

MagpieMama Tue 19-Aug-14 21:38:49

I've been shaving my bikini area for years and I found that I stopped getting any rash type issues or ingrown hairs after a while. I can't remember how long exactly (sorry not that helpful) but I think it was a matter of weeks. I take most of the hair off and tidy up every other day.

Applelicious Tue 19-Aug-14 22:04:32

Thanks Magpie I've heard other woman say perseverance helps. I can't picture that right now.
Having read up earlier today, it seems exfoliating is supposed to be good but again that just seems more aggravating to me!

MagpieMama Tue 19-Aug-14 22:14:23

I think exfoliating would help with ingrown hairs but would probably aggravate the rash!
Maybe some E45 cream to soothe the skin?

Fermin Tue 19-Aug-14 22:16:06

I once read that you should always shave with a brand new blade and shave in direction of hair growth rather than against it. Then slather in Nads ingrown hair gel.

TheFillyjonk Tue 19-Aug-14 22:19:57

Sudocrem after shaving, mixed with a little unscented moisturiser. I never get any ingrown hairs with this combo.

firefly78 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:22:10

aloe vera cream is good

SilentBob Tue 19-Aug-14 22:22:27

Use conditioner instead of soap or whatever (more grippy, less slippy) and a moisture-bar razor.

It's the future.

bambinibop Tue 19-Aug-14 22:23:37

I use sensitive shaving gel and lots of it

Applelicious Tue 19-Aug-14 22:31:21

Thanks all. smile

Shaving with the direction of hair growth instead of against?! Oh, that might explain things...

BOFster Tue 19-Aug-14 22:34:34

Buy some Tend Skin from Boots or online. Or make your own really cheaply. It makes a massive difference.

goodasitgets Tue 19-Aug-14 23:02:26

Don't do it again grin

I have a bikini trimmer, a fairly cheap one. Take the guard off and use it like that and you get a virtually shaven appearance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now