Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Are there any liverpool fans here who could help me out?

(35 Posts)
ssd Mon 18-Aug-14 23:13:10

Dh and the ds,s are liverpool fans, well celtic is their first team, but liverpool comes close! Last year I was lucky enough to buy them man city v liverpool on Boxing Day thru Thomas Cook sports, for £199!!! For 4 of us!!! But this year the prices have rocketed.

What I want to ask does anyone know where I could buy 3 liverpool tickets, hopefully for around Xmas or new year?

I wouldn't go, just dh and the ds.s, it's too much £ for me to go as well

thanks to anyone with any info

ssd Mon 18-Aug-14 23:22:33

Am away to bed now will bump this tomorrow

Thisvehicleisreversing Tue 19-Aug-14 00:11:40

Contact your local supporters club, they often have spare tickets and coach travel.

This is how DH gets tickets to Old Trafford. He doesn't always get tickets to big games but there's often ones to smaller games available.

ssd Tue 19-Aug-14 10:38:14

I live in Scotland, dont think there would be a local supporters club?

Thisvehicleisreversing Tue 19-Aug-14 19:32:33

There will be, I'm sure.

Where in Scotland are you? Even if there isn't one in your town/village there'll be one close by that you could try.

Lagoonablue Tue 19-Aug-14 19:35:38

Are the box office not selling some nearer the time?

That's how DH gets tickets too. Is there a supporters magazine (not club run). DH gets tickets for ManU through their forum.

Thisvehicleisreversing Tue 19-Aug-14 19:42:31

Just found these.

Aberdeen: D. Mcdougal 07837 063269
aolsc@btinternet.com

Ayr: G Sedgeworth 07754 532348
westofscotlandreds.com

Dumfries & Galloway: P Birkett 01461 338404
phil.birkett@virgin.net

Falkirk: S Rodden 07517 248299/01324 557749
stephen.rodden@googlemail.com

Ot there's Glasgow reds supporters club.

Hope these help.

QueenAnneofAustriaSpain Tue 19-Aug-14 19:44:35

Oh this is interesting. DS1 and DH have just been on the stadium tour they got last Christmas. They DS1 would go absolutely nuts if he could actually watch them play.

Thisvehicleisreversing Tue 19-Aug-14 20:00:36

I think it's an urban myth that normal people can't get tickets to the big teams' premier league games.

Yes it's harder and you'd struggle for the big games but it's by no means impossible.

It's definitely not impossible. But it is definitely a case of who you know not what you know!

Lagoonablue Tue 19-Aug-14 21:34:40

You can buy tickets from the box office. Ring them.

See this http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/lfc-members-tickets

You need to join their membership scheme though.

AndThisIsTrue Tue 19-Aug-14 21:37:41

Oh I would like to know this too! I joined the membership thing last year to try and get DH tickets for his 30th and by the time I got through to the bit where you can buy a ticket there was only one game left and you could only buy one ticket!

Garcia10 Tue 19-Aug-14 21:51:15

Getting tickets for Liverpool matches for the first half of the season will be nigh on impossible. They have all sold out and did so within two hours on the official site. I know because I tried!! Despite being online as soon as they went on sale.

Last year was easy - I got tickets for all the big games but because we did well last season there is more demand.

You may still be able to get some hospitality tickets for the not top tier teams but for Man City no way. Only alternative is touts.

For non-hospitality tickets bought through the club you have to be a member.

Good luck!

Garcia10 Tue 19-Aug-14 21:58:46

DH has suggested you look at viagogo.

SunnyUpNorth Tue 19-Aug-14 22:02:10

Watching with interest!

Garcia10 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:02:38

Thisvehickeisreversing - I have to disagree. It is very club dependent. For example you can still buy tickets for City vs Liverpool for this Monday because the ground is bigger and they don't sellout.

Anfield is a relatively small stadium and due to the fan base is completely sold out for all Premier League games for the first half of the season (the second half will go on sale in November).

Thisvehicleisreversing Tue 19-Aug-14 22:28:56

If you're buying from the club then yes, they'll sell out quickly but going through supporters clubs usually means you get lucky.

Garcia10 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:44:50

Again - it depends which supporters club!! You are speaking from the aspect of being a partner of a Manchester United fan. The capacity of Old Trafford is 30,000 greater than Anfield.

Getting tickets for Liverpool is very different to other top Premier League teams.

Again, speaking from experience. My nickname is not a name change smile

Garcia10 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:49:08

Just had a thought. If Liverpool get drawn at home for the 3rd round of the FA cup and if it is a lower league team you will have a good chance. Again, you'll have to be a member for standard seating but you could get a good deal with the hospitality.

Games are played 3rd January.

Thisvehicleisreversing Tue 19-Aug-14 23:12:32

I have friends who occasionally go to Anfield, they get their tickets the same way DH gets his for Utd. Wait for a lesser friendly or late week day cup game and contact the supporters club.

There are usually some spare tickets from members who don't want to go to that particular game.

Horsemad Wed 20-Aug-14 00:23:07

It's extremely difficult to obtain tickets to watch Liverpool at Anfield unless you are in the membership scheme.
They do sell tickets that haven't been sold via membership to the public, but they go like hot cakes.

I joined the membership last season as I wanted tickets for a particular match and we still didn't get them. In the end, DH bought 2 hospitality tickets at a cost of �500 - it was for my 50th birthday though, so a special treat.

halamadrid Wed 20-Aug-14 00:42:42

We are members and still haven't been able to get tickets but we did get tickets for the pre season friendly against borusia Dortmund. It was the whole first team and it was great. Ds really enjoyed it. The tickets were on general sale. We also went to a charity match for the 96 and saw past Liverpool and international players including some recently retired such as Michael Owen. The first team also came onto the pitch before the match. Also, they have a family fun day every year and a day when you can watch the first team train. Ds and I enjoy the atmosphere of being in the stadium even though we haven't seen a competitive match yet.

ssd Wed 20-Aug-14 08:16:00

thanks everyone

so I need to join the membership scheme, can I do this online? sorry am totally clueless!

we did the Anfield tour many years ago so I know how small the stadium is.

also I'm in Glasgow so might try ti join the reds supporters club (dh and the ds's would be laughing at this, I'm not into football!!)

ssd Wed 20-Aug-14 08:17:07

as I might have said earlier, we seen Liverpool v Man city at the etihad at Xmas, but Gerrard wasnt playing so the boys were gutted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now