Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

DS2 is 1 soon... Bounce and spin Zebra is it worth it?

(17 Posts)
MsBrunette Mon 18-Aug-14 19:31:33

He absolutely loves his rainforest jumperoo but he will be too big for that soon so is the bounce and spin Zebra worth it?

He isn't walking or standing by himself yet but I think that he will grow into it and he is going to get enough toys anyway!

zombielady Mon 18-Aug-14 19:34:43

Bought one got

zombielady Mon 18-Aug-14 19:35:28

Oops! For rd

Partridge Mon 18-Aug-14 19:35:43

I see them all the time in charity shops - our high street had 2 last week. So, I am not sure that is a good thing...

zombielady Mon 18-Aug-14 19:36:08

Stupid phone

booboolu Mon 18-Aug-14 19:36:25

Nope! ours is unloved and unused and has been in the shed forever, dd1 (3) has probably spent a collective total of about 10 minutes on it since it was purchased 2 years ago and dd2 (14 months) loses interest as soon as she realises it doesn't move. They both really love the wheelybug scuttlebug thing we have though and fight over it even though dd2 needs a bit of help with it still.

zombielady Mon 18-Aug-14 19:37:46

Never used it

zombielady Mon 18-Aug-14 19:37:51

Never used it

zombielady Mon 18-Aug-14 19:37:57

Never used it

It's no jumperoo. Fun for a few minutes but takes up loads of space. Not worth it in my opinion.

ApplebyMennym Mon 18-Aug-14 19:40:51

Voice of dissent! We got ours from a friend for twenty quid, probably wouldn't have paid full price for it. He got it for his first Christmas when he was 11 months, and it has been in constant use, he's now 2 years 8 months! The little tunes it plays can get irritating but no more so than the jumperoo.

No, it really isn't worth it. I think ds played with it for about 5 mins.

AnnaLegovah Mon 18-Aug-14 19:41:43

DD had one for a year and it barely got used, she'd bounce for all of 5 mins and get bored. The mechanism that makes it spin is quite stiff I found and hers never went round smoothly. I wouldn't bother tbh.

MamaPizza Mon 18-Aug-14 19:42:51

My DS loved his zebra. I couldn't get him off it, he went round and round, made himself dizzy and then tried to walk weirdo . He used it until he was about 3, so quite a while.

BUT (and it's a big but) it took up so much space and the tune is annoying. If you can deal with noise and are happy to trip over it for many months go for it.

TheRealMaudOHara Mon 18-Aug-14 19:50:18

Definitely look for a second hand one - we paid £5 for ours and DS likes it but mostly for cruising round! If your DS isn't standing by himself he probably won't get much out of it yet - they need to be a bit bigger and have strong legs to get it bouncing.

MsBrunette Mon 18-Aug-14 20:01:31

Thank you for your replies!

Back to the drawing board for me... smile

CookieB Mon 18-Aug-14 22:10:12

We had it for dd who insisted on it being in her bedroom which was directly above our living room. Sounded like it was coming through the ceiling! Gave it to a friend who then kept it in her garden. Never thought of that myself grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now